June Meeting and Fish Goo

susyq458

Non-member
Ok folks. Since I can't cook worth a damn, I'm organizing the goo portion of our day.

The way this usually works is that everyone who brings in items for the goo splits the proceeds of the smelly and messy goo.

I need volunteers to bring the following:

Fish Goo Recipe

2 cans of Clams (Canned w/juice)
1-2 bags of the raw frozen Shrimp
1 bag frozen Scallops
1 lb Mussles (Grocery Store)
1 tub Color Enhancing Flake Food
1 tub Granulated Fish Food
Selcon
Vitamin C
Castor Oil
Reef Vitamin and Mineral Suppliment
3-5 heads of Garlic
1 bottle Basic Liquid Filter Feeder Food
Dried Plankton suppliment
1 container Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs
6-10 sheets of Nori
1 package of Mysis Shrimp
1 package Rotifer Perls (brineshrimp direct)
1 package Frozen Brine Shrimp
Blender
1-2 boxes of quart sized freezer bags.

Another good thing to get a hold of is dry ice if anyone knows of a source. (We can then quick freeze the goo and take up less room in cindy's freezer.
M.

i guess i can bring the garlic, it should be fresh heads right? should i peel them before hand? And how would you feed the fish goo and how long can you store it?

Will any of this goo be coming back down south by any chance? I can't make it to the meeting :(

Michael

i guess i can bring the garlic, it should be fresh heads right? should i peel them before hand? And how would you feed the fish goo and how long can you store it?

You can just bring the garlic. about 2 heads. You can peel ahead or we can peel the day of. Think of goo making as more like margarita making for fish. Not an exact science but more of a social experience.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cecgFZCSwRM

It will be put in bags and flattened. Frozen in a flat sheet and then you can break off the chunk of your like for your FISH feeding needs.

Will any of this goo be coming back down south by any chance? I can't make it to the meeting

Michael

I'm close by...seeing as my attendance is becoming more and more mandatory:rolleyes: I will be more than happy to bring some back for you..Just drop-off whatever you like on the list or we can meet..work it out somehow?? And goo is all yours!...:D

Oh Sue...you cook great! And pour wine amazingly!! But even though I'm a chef..this is not really up my alley-but on the other hand if we run out of fooed I can saute this stuff? and make seafood cakes!:eek: (i may be a chef....no one ever said a good one!):p

I'm close by...seeing as my attendance is becoming more and more mandatory I will be more than happy to bring some back for you..Just drop-off whatever you like on the list or we can meet..work it out somehow?? And goo is all yours!...

That would be great!!! let me look at the list again.... and make sure I can meet ya...

Very much appreciated...:)

Michael

I have a bottle of Dick Boyds "Vita Chem" (vitamin C) you could bring up with ya... LMK

Or Plankton Supplement (refrigerated)

Michael

Friday night would be the best.. I'll be back from NH.... let me know what time friday night ... I also have some purple Seaweed as well... I won't be available till then.

Michael

I'm planning on coming and I could bring some Nori and Color-Enhancing Flake Food. I want to try this stuff out (to feed my fish of course.. not so sure it'd be tasty to people.. anyone ever tried??)!

I can always use more fish goo. I'll sign up to bring the scallops. I'll pick them up fresh.

I also have around 3 vaccuum-sealed, frozen talapia fish fillets I can donate.

Back