Kent CB Part A & B no longer available?

GobyWanKenobie

BRS Member
I need to switch my doser from Kent CB Parts A&B to something else. I only want to make these adjustments once. What is preferred, the BRS products or SeaChem? I don't want to mix my own, so liquid is my choice.

Thanks, I'm considering B-ionic. As a complete system, do you know if it also provides some trace elements? None of the descriptions mention anything other than alk and calcium. The Kent system also contained, magnesium, strontium, etc.

Pretty sure B-Ionic does provide trace elements such as magnesium.

I use a method that has individual dosing of elements and it suggests using brightwell products as B-Ionic has trace elements in it.

I'm fine with the trace elements. I prefer a system that doses most of what I need in one shot. The problem I have now, is I use more calcium than alkalinity, and I have a gallon of alk leftover. I wanted to buy just the b-ionic calcium part, but it's always sold as a two-part system. Am I the only one who doesn't use both parts at the same rate?

I think I'm going to try Seachem. It looks like I can buy half of their balanced system. When I use up my old stock, I'll just switch 100%. I was hoping to avoid a lot of doser calibrations, but nothing is easy. :(

Back