Kent Pro Scraper

SMS76

Non-member
Does anybody use this scraper? Any feedback.

Kent Pro Scraper

Product detail : Designed for glass aquariums. Rust resistant, flexible 316 stainless steel for smooth scraping. Thick enough to be safe to use (will not cut flesh easily as a razor would). Yellow color to prevent confusion with plastic blade.

Does blade do it's job? Will it remove most algae? how often do you have to replace the blade? My tank is 31" high. Will this scaper work?
Thanks
Shoeib

Attachments

• imageload.jpg
    imageload.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
I have one, it'll take off any algae fairly easily. Haven't had it for that long so I dont know how long the blades last.

Chris

They work great, I use them at home and sell a ton of them here at the store. IME what kills the blade is not use but abuse. They don't take well to being dropped or shoved in a drawer, and once bent are almost impossible to get back flat.

I have used one for a couple of years, IMO one of the sturdiest tools for cleaning glass on the market....a little pricy but very well made and worth the cost. The blades will last a long time if just cleaning green or brown algae off of the glass, but coraline algae dulls the blades after a couple of uses. I resharpen my old blades for use on coraling by using a small knife sharpener I picked up at Wallyworld and save the new blades for more delicate tasks. Like Marco said once the blades are bent....they are almost useless.

HTH,
Craig

Thats what I use but I second Marcos opinion on the bladeThey do bend easy and are hard to get flat once bent. They are pretty useless when bent.

i love mine great for chasing off my killer false perc she feels the need to take a chunk out of my arm everytime i go in the tank.

but on the serious side its great for removing the algea along the sand line of the tank as well as removing coraline algea. i have a glass tank not sure about how they work on acrylic.

Kent makes metalic blades for glass tanks and a plastic blade or refill for acrylic tanks.

I love my Kent Pro, but am looking for a smaller tool to get into the nooks and crannies created by the growth of corals. In some areas, I can't even get a mag float between the glass and the corals.

Dave

I have 2 of them, the long one 2' i think and a short one ~1 ft, love em, I used both the plastic blade and the metal, prefer the metal neither scratches the glass, but metal takes off more stuff quicker...and like the other post said..don't drop it..you will need a new blade...

i have the hand held and the one pictured...thats the tool to have for coraline algea! that thing kicks butt. But wipe it off after so it doesnt corrode and dont bend the blade...even thought the blade are only 4.50 a piece.

Back