krystal klear aquatics in Auburn

MikeG

Non-member
Was in there on Friday and noticed a good change. They have always had decent prices on dry goods and livestock (fish, inverts, ect) but I have always been under impressed with coral selection especially sps. Well they have someone new doing the coral ordering and they have redone all their coral tanks and the selection was pretty amazing. They had lots of nice acro colonies for around $60-70 which is pretty good and a couple tanks with frags ranging from $16 and up depending on size. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't been there in a while.

I too was extremely pleased when I went in last night for the first time in years. Nice corals, nice fish, clean tanks, great selection... One of the guys there was really helpful and knowledgeable about the questions I had regarding LED light systems.

I agree, they really have a great coral selection now, and are worth a visit even if it's a bit of a haul to get there :)

we too, love KK.. they started carrying Red Sea coral pro when we asked them to, and at a really decent price. the BRO discount is being put to good use there! They had a nice selection of clams last week, and they've moved all their tanks to the back room now. Always treated well there, and they even ask how our tank is doing since our July crash.

went in last week and today for some clean up crew. really great prices and courteous service. definitely one of the best local fish stores in the worcester area imo.

I go in every six months or so (when I have to trim coral growth) and last Saturday I brought them a ton of GSP and some branching hammer. They were super friendly and very helpful.

I was a little worried because the last time I traded in coral, they were not very receptive (maybe just a bad day).

This time went great and they had plenty of interesting coral and fish in stock.

They continue to be the only LFS I'll go to.

I was in there a few weeks back and try to swing by every month or two. They have done a GREAT job with the tanks. The place is clean, well maintained, and the livestock is healthy. They have a nice new QT area in the back too, which is great to see. I've always had a great experience with the staff. They care about their livestock, have always welcomed questions.

I was planning to go in on Sunday, but the wife overruled that idea :)

Just a reminder of the VE rules, first hand experiences only please no discussion.

Went into Krystal Klear Aquatics today. Had a Horrible time. The owner's wife and the tall kid who works there were extremely rude to me didn't help me and just basicly said i don't know to everything i said as if blowing me off. I've spent a good amount of money in there the last few months and they have a rewards program of some kind when i asked about how many points i have on my reward card. The owner's wife told me they where not honoring mine bc they where out of the class 3 coupon or somthing to that effect ( like wtf ) Ive talked to the owner, The hippy kid and the other younger kid before and they where always very helpful and knew what they were talking about. I don't think i'll be going there anymore

I live close by to KK and go there fairly often. It is a hit or miss every time I go there. If it is Coleen and Tall Matt, They tend to treat us poorly and give any info they can just so you can buy something. An example of this is a couple of months ago when we went in there to ask about getting led lighting and was told that it was the best thing that ever came out for saltwater reefing. So I decided to start saving for a model that would go good with the fish tank I have(29g). Well a week goes by and I go in there just to check the stock, still had the light on my mind and asked them what they think about there coral growth with them. well tall matt tells me that they are horrible and that I should buy the more expensive halide than the led. Whats going through my mind is that this person a week ago told me that the led was amazing, and now that it is the worst. Other than that I have had great expereinces with them.

i hate this place, the old lady is so rude and always look grumpy,and she works in the front of the store. The tall curly hair kid is awesome, very nice and friendly. I think this place is way overpriced.

yeah,they over priced.Whenever i'm in that area,i stop by Reference to another store removed

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Krystal, last time I went in there I called in advanced to see if they had any bangai cardinals they said yes 14$ and when I got there the tank said 20$ each but they said since they told me 14 I could take them for 14 each, they seem kind enough.

Stopped in Yesterday to look around. The fish and corals looked amazing. The store is getting real big. As always Roger was wonderful to deal with!

I stopped in on Saturday to browse. I brought my two young boys. The two 20-something employees were amazingly patient with the 100 million questions my boys kept asking them. Not as much selection as usual, but the fish and coral looked great. Bought a royal gramma and a skunk cleaner shrimp.

I go there mainly because the owners are so helpful and friendly. They have done an awesome job with their renovations and they put effort into the new QT system. I haven't bought corals there, so unsure. But dry goods, fish, etc. Always had a good experience. I drive 40 minutes to go there, rather than 10 to the local petco whenever possible for consumables.

Like any store I compare shop. Sometimes they are cheaper, sometimes not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I go here usually once or twice a month. With the exception of the owners wife the staff has always been willing to help and pretty knowledgeable. I think with her it is hit or miss, good day, bad day. The tanks are clean, prices are decent and they have a fairly good selection of corals and fish. Plus its always easy to offload some corals if need be.

Back