Large Bristle Worm in a Nano

KenG

I'm with Scott
I recently added a pistol shrimp/goby pair to my 10gal nano and I noticed a large bristle worm which had come in with my live rock. Should I be at all concerned about these together? If so, the bristle worm could find a home in my 75gal. If no concerns I am sure he will be king of the nano at clean up time.

how big is large? 6 inches?

whatever you do... just be shure not to touch it with your bare hands, they will, leave bristles in your hand, and they do hurt.

Most of the bristle worms in my other tank are smaller and only come out a night for food. This one comes out a feeding time to get his.

They all seem to be getting along well, but the shimp doesn't like it when the worm takes food from him.

Attachments

• Picture 546.jpg
    Picture 546.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Picture 531.jpg
    Picture 531.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 147
He's just a scavenger, boy I had some giants in my 27 hex seahorse tank, and they always came out when the frozen mysis did. :D
I wouldn't worry.

i would be inclined to put him in the 75 since you have a small goby, that from the picture does not want to be near him :)

Bristleworm

They just eat a lot of leftovers and waste. If you do take it out to put in in the 75gal, don't touch the bristles. They can swell your fingers so that you can't move them. Use a fish trap, put in some food with garlic and put where you see him. He'll go in after the food. Use gloves if you do it by hand.[I have several in my school tank. The kids think that they are cool.

Regarding large size....I once saw a picture of a large one that was taken out of a big tank and it was laid on the ground outside and went the length of a volkswagen beetle.
Now that was a large one.

QUOTE=KenG;380091]I recently added a pistol shrimp/goby pair to my 10gal nano and I noticed a large bristle worm which had come in with my live rock. Should I be at all concerned about these together? If so, the bristle worm could find a home in my 75gal. If no concerns I am sure he will be king of the nano at clean up time.[/QUOTE]

Back