Large water storage containers?

G.T

Salt Alien
I am looking for some large containers for a large sump/s reservoir setup for my new system. Anybody got any links or tips?

Cindy,

Those closed tanks on your first link are real nice, I would like to use something like that to store NSW maybe around 75-100 gallons.

Thanks,

Jim

Edit: Looks like shipping by truck might cost as much as the tank.

Last edited:
tubs

Cindy it has to get through my bulkhead which is pretty wide. I like them 300 gallon tubs but there is no price?

Hmmm....I think I just ordered a 300gal and a 150gal rubbermaid tanks. I was trying to step through the checkout proccess to see if they would eventually give me a price and I was eventually presented with a 'Thanks for you order' page. It never prompted me for a payment though. But it did give me a order number. Worst part about it is I accidently selected someone elses email because of the autofill/drop down feature of my browser so now someone is going to get an email saying they ordered something. Crappy shopping cart.

Ok...I'm safe nothing was actually ordered. I did find out some good info for you though. The 300gal is $288 and the 150gal is $182. Shipping however makes it not worth it almost...shipping to a business, which is cheaper than home, was ~$105 to Watertown. Best thing to do is check with local feed stores and find out if they can get one for you.

Does Greg still have that 300g stock tank he was trying to sell a few months ago? Not sure if that's the style you're looking for, but you might want to check with him.

nitrofish said:
I use an old45 gallon aquarium.
I don't think a 45 will hold the 700g I'm looking for :)

Agways have the stock tanks. I know there is one in Salem. Problem with the stock tanks is evaporation. I have a 100g on my system (as a sump) and unless I keep it covered I lose about 4gallons a day. If you are going to add a lot of water volume you may want to consider a closed container and a seperate sump tank.

Here are some open top round tanks: I like the 500 Gallon Open Top Tank with Bolt-On Top 56" x 58" but I can't fit it through the door. http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...e=USPlastic&category_name=32&product_id=13456

more food for thought here
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/category.asp?catalog_name=USPlastic&category_name=35&Page=1

picked up my main sump today. Yippeeeeeee :p The cabinet was picked up today including a damaged hood :confused: Thats gotta be exchanged :) Going to start drilling all the holes this week in the main tank and all the sumps to start to connect them all.

Main tank 210
2x 55 gal sumps (aux)
1 large 400 gallon snyder food safe container. just like this one just a lttle shorter.

Attachments

• refugium_on_trailer_209.jpg
    refugium_on_trailer_209.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 145
Plus i damaged one of my drills, just fell on the floor :eek: So that should be here by tomorrow. As soon as it arrives the tank can be finished with the drilling. Plus then the bulkheads installed and then start to fill to check all the fittings and plumbing. ;) My Wife has TOLD me that she wants it up and running totally finished for thanksgiving :rolleyes:

Back