Leaking Tank!!!!!!!!

Reefer508

BRS Member
Woke up this morning to one of my tanks leaking, an old 55-gallon, 36 inch tall. It's full of Hollywood stunner, end to end.
Full55.002.jpg

There was maybe 2 gallons on cement cellar floor. I've pulled everything and put into buckets and totes for now.

I started a newer 60-gallon cube last week with dry rock seeded with a few bits of live rock from my other systems. Also added some Brightwell Start XML. I was just going to let it go for 2 months with small feedings every other day, than move forward at that time. I never even picked up an ammonia test kit.

I can make some room in other running tanks for some of the coral but not all.

Should I pull all the starter dry rock from the 60 and put in rock from the 55?

Anyone interested in some Hollywood Stunner?

Sorry to hear about the leak. I used new rock for 3 of my tanks and it took around 1.5 years for SPS to easily survive and grow.

My choice would be to use the established rock.

Do you know where the leak is? My 37 gallon sprung a lead on a seam about 10 inches down. I was able to drain the tank to below the leak, apply the silicone and refill within a couple of hours. I spritzed the xenia on the walls and the other exposed corals with water from the tank every 10 minutes or so. No losses at all and never had to move anything. Been holding good for months now (fingers crossed).

I was lucky that I was starting another tank. I moved everything over to it, rock and all. I'm cleaning and re-sealing it, just got aquarium safe silicone in.

Back