LED Hanging solutions are few and, mostly, lousy. Who has ideas and success?

JoelA

Returning Reefer
Preface = I am amazed at the dearth of really slick lighting options.

For example, the hanging systems that require mounting on the back of the stand. Am I missing something or if you've got a big tank and there's a problem (slippage or breakage and need to replace) there is NO WAY of moving the tank to get to the mounting area for these things. CRICKEY! Do you mount your 1,500 pound aquarium and stand on casters???

And the clamp to tank method has got to have its issues, as in loosening and then taking a dive with 1 and a half twists into the drink. And some of the clamp-ons say adjust before clamping. Errrr, I don't know about you but I bet it would take me about half a dozen times before I got that right. And what if they get bumped. That's the equivalent of adjusting, so is that going to crack the glass? Oy!

So I am investigating a very slick 1" industrial aluminum tubing solution which I expect to be costly but I'll let you all know. Meanwhile any suggestions for sources of great looking ground supported hanging solutions?

I ended up using a swing arm mount for an LED TV. It bolts into a stud and is movable. Worked for me...

Bent conduit here. Cheap. Painted black. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391275724.358474.jpg

Hi guys thanks for the photos.

22engine. Did you attach the conduit to the back of the stand or make. Floor support?

I have built hangers out of 1" electrical conduit that worked well. I secured it to the stand before I put it in place. My current setup I attached to the ceiling using aircraft cable hangers that are hung from unistrut. All of this I got at home depot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I used the angled aluminum from HD, painted it black with the Rustolium Appliance Epoxy spray paint.
DSC_0114.jpg

Since then the tank has been movies small patch job on the wall, and swapped the light back to MH. I am seriously looking at the PacSun Pandora S for when I upgrade in a few months.

tanksmall.jpg I drilled mine into the ceiling. I used butterfly anchors with eye loops into the hole. Then I used chains down to a white rack shelve and secured my leds to the shelve.

Struggled with how to hanging lighting too - ended up with a home theater projector mount.
Very happy with it -I ended flipping it, and drilling the mounting plate so I could route the wires into a pipe embedded in the wall.
photo.JPG

Back