LFS Return Policy

Fish Ace

Non-member
This may not belong here. What is the general return policy on most LFS and some of their conditions.

Usually depends on what your returning. Is it equipment, coral, or fish?

equipment, 30days with receipt usually

fish and coral, generally 7 days with a water sample although some may be shorter than that. Some fish and corals I've seen with no guarantee at all but they're generally marked saying that.

equipment, 30days with receipt usually

fish and coral, generally 7 days with a water sample although some may be shorter than that. Some fish and corals I've seen with no guarantee at all but they're generally marked saying that.

Water sample, what would be acceptable?

Well it really depends on what you're returning...I'd make sure you bring enough water to cover several different marine tests.

I would say that it depends on the LFS...I'm sure most of the sponsors would work with you to resolve an issue. I would hesitate to paint a broad brush on a specific businesses return policy. Technically, a business in MA(target, bestbuys,etc..) doesn't have to accept returns as long as the policy is posted....again, I would call the LFS you are having an issue with

I'd also second it varies from store to store... There have been some LFS's that have given me a week, afew days, and some none at all. I also think it depends on the rapore you have with the LFS. I went to one LFS so much I befriended the owner and I'm sure that helped, hell I play XBL with the guy still :D So if you're a loyal customer and known to the owner I think that helps a lot...

Relationship may help, but I still wouldn't expect much when trying to return livestock.

It likely varies, but you have to remember that they are in business to make money. One of the LFS give you 1/2 credit for lives stock, this is very generous

Back