Lfs

joe0813

BRS Member
who do you guys use for local fish stores. I used to use only B over at unique but he only does maintenance the last I heard. Then I started using lovely pets but the tanks don't always look to healthy and their isn't a lot of corals to pick from. Ive been to tropic isle but everytime I go there they are rude like im a inconvenience because I walked in. Finally found a new LFS Aquatic dreams in Stoughton that had awesome looking fish and amazing prices. But they closed up shop. so now im left to online and well.... online. I live in Halifax so im assuming any store is probably going to be a hike. so who do you guys use, trust and where are they located

I have used the Leominster petspart in the past but picked up ich and had to restock my tank after everything died.

I have been to The Fish Nook in Acton MA. The ownership changed hands about 2-3 years ago and the new owner has a BS in marine sciences, quarantines his fish for a month before selling, prices are high but have had healthy fat fish from him. His coral selection is decent but over priced. His fish selection changes frequently and he will special order for you for discounted prices if you pick up the fish and he doesn't have to quarantine.

Current warning is he has aptaisia right now. I order all my fish from him now (unless a member has it first). His marine selection is in the back of the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how does he QT? does he just treat with copper, TTM or does he just kind of watch the fish for a month? would be AWESOME if he actually treated ich for you so you can just put the fish in your tank

My Primary LFS is Aquatic Creations in Amherst NH a bit of a Drive but totally worth it They know there stuff.

seems like a lot of the LFS north of boston are still around. I have petco a minute across from my work but ya its petco

tropical isle in framingham... just always have a good selection to browse.
Although the petco on highland ave in newton is my local stop for cat/dog food and they have decent saltwater fish/coral stocked... definitely the best of the big chain stores.

Under water world in taunton at the silver city galleria is my go to lfs
Doesn't hurt that it's like 5 minutes from my house either!

Never asked how he quarentines. He has a different system so I believe it is watch/observe to make sure there is no ich, they eat and are healthy before going to their new home. I place directly in my tank from the fish nook.

Tin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under water world in taunton at the silver city galleria is my go to lfs
Doesn't hurt that it's like 5 minutes from my house either!

I thought they closed down. The last time I was there the store front was empty

I might drag the poor wife to all of these on a Saturday day trip and see who I like the most

Lovely Pets for emergencies - Steve carries good medications - stuff no one else carries. Very knowledgeable.
Underwater world for salt $40 IO, blackworms, and frozen foods.
Tropic Isle used to be awesome for fish selection- but you have to QT their fish. I think now that the store is for sale they stopped fully stocking.

Hmmm, that would be interesting. If so i wonder if their fight with the town over their store sign situation had anything to do with it. Stores are drying up!

JOE0813 Im in the same situation as you. Lived in Halifax my whole life. Just bought a house in Pembroke. Love the area but I hate that all the good fish stores are north of Boston. Owner of Aquatic Dreams said he was going to set up the shop in his basement. Haven't heard from him in a couple months. UnderWater World is probably the best thing we have local.

JOE0813 Im in the same situation as you. Lived in Halifax my whole life. Just bought a house in Pembroke. Love the area but I hate that all the good fish stores are north of Boston. Owner of Aquatic Dreams said he was going to set up the shop in his basement. Haven't heard from him in a couple months. UnderWater World is probably the best thing we have local.

Love living down here, its so different from living in Braintree. 26 minutes from route 3 is no good. Im almost in the elevators union so I wish I was closer to the highway. We actually took a trip to underwater world today. The owner was awesome. he must have sat and talked with us from about 20 minutes on ideas how to move the 180

Back