Light Spectrum Enterprises ?

dsiu25

Non-member
I need to replace my bulbs soon, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with LSE on ebay. They claim they have the

"
SAME COLOR QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE AS
Coralife & ReefLux & USHIO Brands"

and was wondering if the bulb would be worth the risk.. I'm tempted to try it, but was wondering if anyone tried it before.

I would say, how can they prove it's the same color, quality and performance?
IMO, reeflux and Ushio are the worst bulbs to compare to each other.

I would say, how can they prove it's the same color, quality and performance?
IMO, reeflux and Ushio are the worst bulbs to compare to each other.

I'd say that all 3 of those bulbs are completely different. To say;

"SAME COLOR QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE AS
Coralife & ReefLux & USHIO Brands"

Just shows that they are claiming the impossible. That's just like saying "our Hyundai is the same qaulity and performance as Ferrari, Ford and Honda". The claim is total nonsense, given that how much faith can one have in what they are selling? Not much here..

I wouldn't chance it. Your just throwing money away. I bought some bulbs of ebay i had them on my tank 10 minutes and tossed em'.

Hellolights, marine depot, champion lighting, reef geek, there are a ton of good e-tailers for bulbs.

Best bet is to decide on a specific bulb and then shop around. You can usually find somewhere that will offer free shipping for orders of $100-150 or more, so if you get two bulbs and an odd small item or two you can save there.

Also check out sanjays lighting archives to help weed through the different options.
http://www.reeflightinginfo.arvixe.com/

Thread moved to Reef Talk because it's discussion and not experience related.

I shop around but I usually end up buying from hellolights.com they always have free shipping on MH bulbs and this week they are giving an extra 10% off of all in stock items.

mine came from champion lighting, at the time their prices on the hamilton bulb i wanted were a good 10 bucks cheaper per bulb then the competition.

ok other than bishop has anyone actually tried them cause on ebay you can get 2 bulbs shipped for like $45 where anywhere else they are like 65 each

If you are looking to get a good deal on bulbs. It's probably best not to start off by throwing away $45 ;)

Back