Little Bit Of Help

addict

Non-member
I have 250w halide and just added 2x96 watt pc 10k and my pom pom xenia is kinda in the middle of the tank.almost looks like its melting?Could be the new lighting? all my water pers. are fine.any other reason for this?All other sps and lps look fine.

What do you mean by melting? I know when I upgraded my lighting my xenia looked pretty bad for about a week. It got shorter and looked kind of wilty. But I went from pc's to 250 DE bulb, huge increase in light.

I don't know if adding some PC to your MH would do that to the xenia but I guess it good.

its something ive never seen before.this morning I saw a couple of the heads floating around the tank like they were some kind of tube worm.now the stock is just bare.

Do a search for xenia meltdown. It happens sometimes. I'm not sure why. The effected one might totally disapear. Sory, I don't know much about it, but I know it happens.

I just had a very small patch of xenia melt away to almost a blob of nothing. I left it alone and after a while small xenia heads popped out of the blob and are still growing strong. They are maybe half an inch long now. Xenia is very "durable". :D

Back