loc-line spray bar ?

noddin0ff

occasional lurker
I've got some 3/4" locline returns and I'm wanting to add a spray bar to the end. But the spray bar piece that locline sells is 1/2", ORANGE, and $20-$30. There's a Kent brand that is black but still $30 and I'm concerned wont fit well...

So, what I'm thinking is extending the 3/4" locline with more of the same except drilling some holes in it along its length to make a flexible spray bar. Then it's more like $6/ft. Does this sound sane (relatively)?

I haven't worked with locline before (it came with setup), do you need the pliers to put the pieces together?

You would have to be careful in where you drilled the holes. As the line bends the flange (ball end) would cover each of the holes or if the fitting rotated the holes would be covered. If you drill carefully in the neck of each segment I think it would work OK. I have found that the 3/4" can be put together without too much trouble by hand, I have cracked a number of the 1/2 segments by not using the locline pliers. You have a couple of other options, you could change from ball fitting to FPT then just use a PVC close fitting drilled every few inches or the 6" LocLine extension tubes drilled out.

OR

Save the LocLine and just make a spray bar out of PVC pipe.

Back