Spray Bar manifold for under rock scape T off of Return Loc-Line

AnthonyP

Non-member
Has anyone done this? Any feedback? I am considering T ing off of Locline and bringing some pvc drilled with holes to act as a spray bar for the deep bottom behind and under rockscape. I am trying to use the return pump for 1 task, rather than additional closed loop holes and extrra pump. I am thinking with that the other Locline T with 1 inch hole will be at the surface to handle the siphon break when power is off correct?

Also does anyone have pics of a setup or performance based on size of holes drilled etc? Is it really necessary to even do this?

Thanks

I'll send you one when I get home

Sorry I misread that. I just built a regular spray bar.

Last edited:
Hi

I actually have been doing this for years.

Just remember to do some math to match the amount of holes you drill to equal the main ID your return. There is a chance that substrate will drop in now and then bit that is not a problem.

point the holes up so the water does not errode neighboring substrate. Make sure you place the grid in first then spead sand to top of pipes and place rock work over it to hold it down. If you do not. It will rise up and surface over time. Then add more sand if needed. I do not use a deep sand bed , never have. i understand the value. I also understand the value of the berlin system. But this has always been my system. :)

OK so it is a 120 with dual rear overflows and dual returns. I have the locline split into 2 on each return at the surface.....so by taking one of the split on each return and bringing it straight down the overflow wall to connect to a spray grid is what I am thinking about. By leaving the other split at the surface on each side will handle the back syphone issue (as long as they do not clog right?

Back