Local controller source (Apex) ?

gweston

Non-member
Looks like I'll be away on vacation sometime later this summer, and well. Leaving the tank on autopilot without a controller, in the heat of summer, scares the $4!7 out of me. It could be as long as 10 days. My brother may be able to check up a couple times at most. But even if someone stops in every 5 days. That still leaves a LOT of room for catastrophic error.

So, considering the amount invested in the tank, and the amount this darn vacation is going to cost me.. the expense of a controller is going to be piddly in comparison. So I might as well bite the bullet and give myself enough time to learn and set up the darn thing properly.

So...

Is there a decent source for the Apex controller in the area? I'd prefer dealing with a NH shop. I'd rather not pay any more taxes than necessary to toss into the MA legislatures slush/pork fund than I have to. ;P

Yeah.. I could go mail order. But I figured I'd check local first. If they are fair price wise, then they'll get business.

Underwater world in taunton, ma, has reefkeepers in stock. It's a bit of a drive from Gardiner but their prices are always worth it.

Aqua addicts also carries them, but call first to be sure he has one in stock.

Like everyone else said. Go to AA, and get an Apex, def set it and almost forget it. It gives me alittle to much peace of mind.

GoodLuck

ouch...hurts to be a business in Mass. It sucks that I lose your business due to the states legislature... :(

ouch...hurts to be a business in Mass. It sucks that I lose your business due to the states legislature... :(

How you figure? Are you referring to the sales tax, or lack thereof, in NH?

Do you guys carry Neptune products at Skiptons?

Thanks for all the tips! I'll check around. I keep going between the Apex and Lite models. I don't need the full versions features, but eventually I'll want a second PH, though that can be easily added with a module later. But.. the whole up front cost vs long term cost thing to consider.

Nah I certainly do business with Skiptons and in MA. But it is called taxachusetts for a reason ;P Skips is much farther unfort from my home and from work. I work relatively close to the NH border. When in the area though, I always try stop by!

Oh, and the taxpayers did vote in a tax reduction a while back. It was just never implemented. So much for no taxation without representation.

does anyone know if Aqua addicts or underwaterworld has an apex in stock right now?
We got hit by lightning yesterday and i now need a new controller:.:mad:

Back