Looking for ATO reservoir options?

For $28 it would be a ton easier to just buy it. I like those containers.

I'm have an old Tupperware Xmas wrapping paper container in the house that I plan to use for the ATO reservoir.

I'm have an old Tupperware Xmas wrapping paper container in the house that I plan to use for the ATO reservoir.

thats a good idea. i no that i will need to build mine. because it will have to curl over a heating register..... like an upside down "L".... but now that i think about it. that wouldn't be good..... could melt the acrylic.... well..... have to find something to fit under the couch.....

good luck

Good idea Ray, did a little birdie tell you about that one.....tweet tweet;)

Wall mart tupperware 5 gallon bin with top. All I did was cut a hole in the top to the hose can come out and BOOM my auto top off resevoir was done. All for 6 bucks.

Wall mart tupperware 5 gallon bin with top. All I did was cut a hole in the top to the hose can come out and BOOM my auto top off resevoir was done. All for 6 bucks.
Are those Walmart one's strong enough? I need to figure out this ATO reservoir thing too, but am worried about cheap containers with thin walls and poorly joined seams cracking or falling apart.

Unless you plan on reinforcing the container in some way, or only filling it up part way, I'd suggest you stay away from a retangular container altogether. It will bow and potentially burst. This happened to me with a square trash bin.

Circular is the way to go. Equal distribution of force.

Thanks everyone, great suggestions.
I am planning on doing a rectangular can but since it will be between a wall and door it will be braced 99 percent of the time by the door itself. That way I can go with a 13g or more container.

Are those Walmart one's strong enough? I need to figure out this ATO reservoir thing too, but am worried about cheap containers with thin walls and poorly joined seams cracking or falling apart.

I'd just stay away from the cheapo ones, I found that the rubbermade brand ones were a little thicker than the others and mines been working just fine for about a year now. Its only five gallons so it doesnt stress the container too much.

I got the Slim Jim from Rubbermaid .
As was mentioned, it bows A LOT from water higher than halfway. I've only had to refill it once in two weeks from the halfway point which is fine. I will probably brace it between an open door and the wall so I can add to the top, NBD for now but it is a sturdy container.

Thanks for everyones feedback!
recy-cal_2051_9724269

I just have a 5g bucket sitting next to my tank...i got used to it soo its not an eyesore

I have a 22gal brute in my livingroom. Im trying to convince my wife and kids that everyone has one. Dont they?????

Back