looking for lfs

dmurb

Non-member
Im Looking for some lfs in ri and southeast ma. I know about sea creatures in Providence. Coral reef in seekonk. And aqualife in Providence. But are there any more around this area without having to drive to Boston. Thanks for any help. Ps. I have the next 2 days off and im looking to spend some money lol

Cant forget about underwaterworld in taunton at the galleria mall! I was there yesterday and greg says hes bringing an order in for monday. Get there before i do cause ill be doing some buying as well!

Lol thanks i didnt know about this place. Ill have to check it out. Does anyone know any other places around

Ive had decent luck at Denise's in Mattapoisett coral prices are not bad and the owner will always discount when buying multiple frags

There are quite a few LFS in RI, I am wondering if RI is more friendly to small business than MA. Any idea?

There are alot in RI, but most do not deal in salt water. Critter Hut in n kingstown, or Narragansett,

Family Pet in Wareham has some good SaltWater, UnderWater World is my FAV !! Falmouth Pet has a small Saltwater area but the prices are hard to beat and its a great day on the Cape ^^. Take a freind or other half to Capt Parker's in Hyannis for the BEST seafood and clam chowder anywhere ^~ .

There is a brand new place that's gonna open soon can't remember the name on rt 6 in swansea he rented out 2 store fronts one side saltwater only the other side all around pet stuff

RI aquarium is ok. Not very clean IMO. There is a store called Something Fishy in Warwick on Jefferson Blvd. kinda pricey though. Underwater world is my favorite for corals though. Cleanest and best prices

Capt Parkers is okay my favorite was always Sandy's ( no longer there ). What about Cape Maid Farms ( i think is there name ).

And the one opening in Swansea may be someone who has 2 stores in RI not much salt, and not a good rep. We will see about the Swansea store.

CRA is hands down the best in the immediate area IMO, 99% of his livestock is grown and propigated by the owner himself, So you know it's healthy, I recently traded a few overgrown gorals, and he is more than fair with trades, Sea Creature is a decent spot for LPS, but be cautious when it comes to SPS.. "He never has anything in there long enough to judge health.. His shipment comes in thurdsays and is usually gone within hours, So it's hard to tell what you are getting. Just my experience.

Don't know about stores out that way (although I did go to CRA once and they had some nice stuff), because I don't get down there often, but just gotta give a shoutout for Cooke's of Mashpee for good seafood :)

Back