Looking for someone to stop by in WINCHENDON, MA

MarineMa6

Non-member
I'm looking for someone knowledgeable on reef tanks to come by my house and do some water testing as i have no water testing equipment at this time. I would also like some teaching on how to keep them all alive. i have 1 small zoa frag and 1 bubble tip anemone. Looking to purchase lots more. I have 140g tank. Of course i will pay for your time and gas.

Thanks,

Jay

If you are going to have a reef tank you really need to have the test kits so you can test on a regular basis.

i will pick up the kits today and thanks guys. what kits do i need to get? also would like someone to stop by still :)

The test kits are pretty easy to use. Post your results here and we could give advice on where you need to be. Red sea master kit for cal,mg,alk was about 55$ at jays. Phos kit prob 7$. I would prob get the other mater kit and test for nitrates nitrites ammonia and ph. Imo better to get them all and have them on hand. :)

imo... calcium, alkalinity, magnesium, phosphate and nitrate, are your basic ones...

Salinity might be one of those as well

Also never hurts to have someone stop by to double check you testing until you get the hang of it.

Don't go to Petco or one of those type places... They all seem to be "experts" but really have no clue, Your best bet depending on your location is, Lovely pets in Quincy, Coral Reef in Seekonk, Tropic Isle in Framingham, Or Sea Creature in N. Providence.... All Really know what they are talking about and will not steer you wron, But if you go to Tropic Isle... BRING YOUR WALLET... they aren't inexpensive... Any one of those places will get you going on the right track.

Back