Looking for someone to build me a Rimless 8 gallon tank

Brid96

Non-member
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a rimless 8ish Gallon tank to be made from Acrylic. The outside dimensions of the tank are 13" Wide x 10" deep x 16" tall. I envision it being made from .250" acrylic but am open to suggestions.

A few details:

Size: 13" Wide x 10" deep x 16" tall
Edge Treatment: Side edges will have full radius, top edge will need to be stepped and have full radius (this is for a cascade style system, see video on current setup that I am testing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REwOlsYKs0A)

I can provide full drawings and design work, looking for recommendations for fabrication, a source for material, and someone to build it.

I hope to hear from someone.

I am located in Framingham and am free to con visit to discuss things.

Brian

Nobody Huh,

I would much rather work (and pay) someone I can talk to face to face then to go online and give my money to whichever shop decides to actually bid on this (cause it is not 9000 gallons or something absurd) no offense to those with large tanks, just not my thing.

Brian

Cool idea. Have you run one of those systems longterm at all? I'm just wondering about buildup on the outside of the tank.

I have not had mine running very long, but once I started on this project I found out that Krystal Clear Aquatics (in auburn) has a 60g (or close to that) system. I went to pick their brain and find out what they had learned and they claimed that it is very easy to upkeep, cleaning was not a problem. The one thing I will need to do is watch for fish and other things that would be interested in jumping out of the tank.

Ahh, thanks for the link. That is pretty close but unfortunately the length is to long, it has to fit on an existing stand. The magic numbers are 14 x 10 x 16+/-1"

Brian

i could build that tank for you. we build all types of small tanks (up to 200g) plus the cabinets they sit in.
give me a call @ 978-760-1037

Back