Looking to start 40B

Mcraej1

BRS Member
Moving and looking to upgrade from my 20 to a 40B. Was wondering if it is intact easier to have a drilled tank versus not. Currently have a 20 with a HOB Refugium, was wondering if it was to be drilled would everything be easier? Also need som help drilling if that’s the route I would be going.

Thanks!

Easier is kinda of toss up but having a sump will give you a lot of advantages. You can hide all your equipment and fuge. Extra water volume for stability and less chance of overflows/spills.

I would (did) buy a 40 and drill myself. A lot of the built in overflows take up so much space, and can't be customized. I have a glass-holes overflow but there are other good, easy systems out there too.

I would (did) buy a 40 and drill myself. A lot of the built in overflows take up so much space, and can't be customized. I have a glass-holes overflow but there are other good, easy systems out there too.

Any in mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a glass holes overflow on my petco 40b for years. Easy install and was very quiet after tinkering.

If you are looking for glasshole overflow box kit, I have one available with diamond hole saw, cheap.
It will fit a 40 breeder.
Most RR 40 breeders tank are custom drilled.
I seldom see a factory RR 40 breeder available.

FWIW, marine Depot has a new line of low profile overflows for cheaper than the eshopps and also comes with a bit. The small is $75

I am only asking $45 for the Glasshole overflow kit, I have no use for it.

Back