lost it all...goodbye for now.

RockSalt

Will work for coral
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I was in the process of downsizing from 3 tanks to one this fall. I decided to shutdown both frag tanks and concentrate my time and resources on my 75gal show tank (with frags scattered everywhere of course). Time and money dictated that I do this. Then the December ice storm hit and we lost power for 6 days. With my attention directed towards keeping my wife and daughter warm and finding a place to stay, I was unable to save anything from my tank. I lost everthing. So for the time being, I'm out of the hobby. I'm keeping all my equipment and tanks in storage for now with the hope of getting back in someday. It will most likely be quite a while though. My company is going to announce some huge layoffs this week and I'm not sure if I'll make it. I just wanted to let everyone know how much I have enjoyed being a part of this hobby and this club. I have met so many wonderful people and learned so much from all of you. I hope everyone had a great holiday season.

Thanks for everything,
Rocco

Hey Rocco sorry to hear what happened. I'm in the same boat with you when I return back to work in a week. Rumors have it that we're going get a big lay-off when we get back as well. My company shut down for 3 weeks and we had to use our vacation time.

Good luck.

Rocco,
Man, I am sorry to hear this. Ray had mentioned it, I was crushed :(
When you do get back in, you come and see me and I will be sure to hook you up with a ton of stuff, and definitley replace some of the ones I got from you.
Hope all works out for you.

Man, I'm so sorry to hear it too. Good luck and I wish you a speedy return to the hobby as well as good fortune in life.

Rocco.... I'm soooo sorry to hear this. :( Hope you survive the economic upheaval, and hope to see you back into the hobby soon.

Best of luck. :)

Sorry to hear this,Rocco.
Best of luck with your job,hope everything works out for you in the future.

Sorry to hear. This past ice storm has affect the local reef community tremendously. I don't have much left after the icestorm but still have lots of ricordia yuma that I can offer if you decide to rebuild. Just shoot me a pm on them.

As for the job, it is truly nerve-racking every time a company is holding some sort of a meeting and announcement nowaday. We don't know if we're going to make it everytime there's an announcement. Wish you the best of luck.

Man, what a bummer Rocco. I can't believe how many reefs were affected by the storms. Hopefully we'll see you back here soon. I can hook you up with a few things when the time comes.

Last edited:
I echo everyone else sentiments. I got some nice stuff from you too, if you get back into it say the word and you can have back anything you gave me.

Oh man Rocco, a heart felt sorrow for the loss of your corals. Always looked forward to your frag sales with some nice zoos and palys along with a few other SPS frags from you. When you get back in send me a PM or call me and I'll help to contribute to getting you started again. I got plenty I can frag for you. I hope all goes well for you, Jerry and Ray on the job as well, Jerry informed me awhile back how things were getting a bit tough.

It is heartbreaking to hear everyones losses :( Sorry for yours.

We will be here when you get back, best of luck

Back