MACNA 2015 - Washington, DC: who's in?

Maybe you're wondering "What the heck is MACNA?"

Here are some answers in a good article from 2012 by the guy who spoke at our last BRS meeting:
http://www.melevsreef.com/node/657

Reasons to go:
-Hear the speakers and get the latest expert opinions on the hobby
-Visit the vendors' booths and check out what they have to offer. Sometimes you can get a great deal.
-Meet people you've conversed with online
-Enter the excellent raffles and maybe win an outrageous prize
-Meet new people at the hotel bar or while grabbing a bite to eat and maybe make a new MACNA friend to see next year

Just got my ticket so count me in!

Anyone else going as an individual who wants to share a hotel room? I'm a girl if that matters. Conference room rate is $124/night - split by two - you can't get much better than that.

I bought my ticket in Denver. We will probably spend some extra time there for a mini vaca. It's a very good opportunity to compare lights, pumps, skimmers. We fell in love with a new tank that we would never have seen except at MACNA.

FYI - MACNA conference pass price increases by $10 on Nov. 1. Time to buy if you've been procrastinating!

I really like the idea of the club could somehow organize a bus trip and such. Would be really cool. Maybe instead of a meeting that month we do this??

I am a little peeved as I will be there the week before... Dropping my daughter back at college and visiting my son.

The event could not be closer to home... Not sure I want to make two trips south in a weeks time.

This may be the only opportunity I have.

Me and the wife are in. im bringing my massive cooler specially made for long coral and fish trips i have a power head and heater in it and i use my power inverter for the ride home. its like a mobile fish tank with a sealing lid:cool:

is there another thread where people are listing that are going? I am thinking of it, but would prob be last minute

Derek

Is there a final verdict on a group bus?

I'm planning to go down earlier (Wed) but would be interested in chipping in for and hopping on a group bus back up if one is in the works...

Anybody book their hotel? The hotel the conference is in is full they now have an overflow hotel.

I booked the Omni across the street, which is the overflow hotel. If you're staying thurs/fri/sat nights or fri/sat/sun nights, they currently have a deal going for $119 a night. That is better than the conference rate.

Mega Bus... 50 people $3,200.00 depart 11:59pm Friday evening and arrive in DC at 9:45am (sleep on bus). Leave Saturday evening at 7:50 (no dinner/speech) and back in Boston by 5:35am. That is $64.00 each round trip.

I wish there was a bus that left at midnight? Wonder if they would charter a single bus to leave when we wanted it to leave.

Back