Mag at 1650

chadfish

BRS Member
I titrated a full 0.1ml more than the 1ml in the Salifert test. This equates to 1650ppm

I’m just wondering if this is a major issue to act on ASAP. I already have plans to bring it down with a large water change.

Thanks

Last edited:
I’ve heard of people running elevated mag levels like that to help combat algae but I think mixed reviews on inhabitants appreciating it.

How did it get so high? And how quick did it rise and from what level was it previously? Any negative response in the tank?

I’ve heard of people running elevated mag levels like that to help combat algae but I think mixed reviews on inhabitants appreciating it.

How did it get so high? And how quick did it rise and from what level was it previously? Any negative response in the tank?
Probably my dosing based on an expired test kit?

Are you thinking the home tests undershoot?
I’m thinking your Mag is probably higher than that, but mine was super high, I just did water changes…didn’t add anything that would raise Mag…..to me the mag should be between 1300-1500, but I’m sure others would differ….I’ve never really been concerned with Mag as long as it was within that parameter.. I always look at test numbers as +/- 100 after doing ATI testing. That really puts things into perspective.

Back