Mag pump too loud! alternative?

SharkLover

T5 LPS
I'm looking for a SUPER quiete external pump. I don't even want to know its on, or that it exists.

Anyone know of any that can be super ub4h silent?

I'm still in the running for a pump. Someone recommended poseidons but they push out 800gph, a little too much for a 3 foot tank. Does anyone know the db levels for the pumps recommended in this thread?

BlueLine VelocityT3. Don't even know it is on - virtually silent.

quietest pump on the market... and that's a FACT. You wont find anything quieter... they are however, water cooled (like internal pumps) so it can add a good deal of heat to the water...

mag pumps are also water cooled, and if wattages are equal or close from your mag pump, you can expect it to add roughly the same amount, or slightly less/slightly more depending upon the wattage of your current mag pump.

I'm still in the running for a pump. Someone recommended poseidons but they push out 800gph, a little too much for a 3 foot tank. Does anyone know the db levels for the pumps recommended in this thread?

they did make a ps1, and a ps2 for smaller tank applications.. although i'm having a really tough time finding them online... marine depot carries the ps3 and ps4, which are the same pumps, just higher wattage and push more water... but it says they've discontinued the ps1 and ps2?

the ps3 will push a little over 700gph of water if you have 3' of head pressure.. and you could always throttle it back a little bit with a ball valve if you needed too...

little giant are pretty quiet also

I have used lots of little giants and some are silent some can be a bit noisy. The silent ones all had one thing in common and that was that they were water cooled and had no fan. With the others all that you really hear is the fan.

quietest pump on the market... and that's a FACT. You wont find anything quieter... they are however, water cooled (like internal pumps) so it can add a good deal of heat to the water...

mag pumps are also water cooled, and if wattages are equal or close from your mag pump, you can expect it to add roughly the same amount, or slightly less/slightly more depending upon the wattage of your current mag pump.

I have used the Velocity T4 which moves about 1200gph and that is the quietest pump I have ever heard. Couldn't even tell it was running unless you touch it, they do run hot!

Back