Majano or baby BTA/LTA?

TomD

Non-member
I have never had majano before so I am not sure. This little guy popped off a new coral as it was going into my tank and attached to the glass. It has been moving down about an inch an hour. I can remove now if it is majano.

Anybody? Hard to get a shot from the front due to the angle. It has a foot like a BTA and moves.

Attachments

• Anenome.jpg
    Anenome.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 468
Dave I thought so too but I didn't know Majanos move like that. I have only had experience with aiptasia.

Well I did take it out. I really don't want to sacrifice coral room in a 90 for an anenome anyway and if I did, it would have to be a rose.

Yup Manjo.

I've had micro RBTA splits nearly that small, but they only have a few tentacles. At that scale, definately manjo. Keep an eye out for more :(

do majanos or Aiptasia move? I am sure you guys are right but I did not know they moved. I have had experience with both too.

Aiptasia is definitly not something you want in your tank, I have not seen them move. Majano will move however. Some people like these little anenomes, others consider them a pest.

Aiptasia will most def move and they move fairly quick to.Aiptasia can move from one end of your tank to the other in less than a day I've see them do it.

Back