Majestic angel

And one more of Louie in his castle. (hmm. came out awfully small.)

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 215
It's a 65g. Good size for a while, but he'll be happier in a larger tank in a few years, I would think. I'm interested to see how fast these grow.

Nate

I'm just tagging along. I think in a week or two, as soon as I get my calcium reactor connected (no, the fish doesn't need the reactor, but I need to focus on that first), I'm going to get my Majestic. Its tough waiting while you're tagging along on these threads, but I also want to solve that flatworm problem too,

Matt:cool:

Matt L. said:
I'm going to get my Majestic.Matt:cool:

Just out of the curiosity. How come nobody ever mentioned blue face angels in reef tank? Aren't majestic and blue face close cousins? they even interbreed in the wild sometimes.

This is mine ;) : This pic is few months old. I will try to get anothe picture...

Attachments

• Majestic1.jpg
    Majestic1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 200
I'm sorry to hear that. It could be a number of things, including the place where you bought it from...

He was fine eating and everything ... but hes been hiding the last two days ... I checked my water and everything is perfect .. all my other fish are doing great ... I just called them and they told me I have to bag him up freeze him and send it over. Oh well ... I told the guy I ordered many things from them and this is the first thing that dies he still said I have to send it over... no more online orders for me...

Shoeib,

That's what I was thinking. He lasted just about long enough in your system after displaying otherwise healthy behaviour to be make me suspicious of a cyanide capture. By the way, how big is your tank?

Marlboro said:

It'll find its way to the hall of its fathers.

I looked again at the photos you post. I noticed that despite of nice coloration, the fish was quite skinny behind its head, and the liver looked bulging. Obviously, the fish didn't eat for sometime before the arrival.

Fingolfin said:
...I looked again at the photos you post. I noticed that despite of nice coloration, the fish was quite skinny behind its head, and the liver looked bulging. Obviously, the fish didn't eat for sometime before the arrival.
My goodness you have some ability here with fish. If I were to post a picture of a fish I was thinking of buying, could you diagnose any external signs of trouble? Teach me the ways,

I noticed the skinnyness behind the head, you can see it in the first shot. It is much easier to see that on a front shot. But where is a fish's liver?

~Flighty~ said:
But where is a fish's liver?

If you look at the first photo closely, you'll see a bulging area above the anal fin. That's roughly the location of the liver. Fish's major internal organs are liver, swim bladder, stomach, intestine, and heart. Swim bladder is very large, covering a much larger area than that bulging area. Stomach and intestine are very close to anal fin, i.e. below the bulging area, while heart is very close to the gill.

The space behind the head should store fat and be smooth and full looking.

Am I looking at the right thing for bulging liver?

Attachments

• majestic2.jpg
    majestic2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 169
I feel like I can tell when a fish is skinny (esp. surgeonfish, dwarf angels) but b/c I am so unfamiliar with large angels, I think I would have a harder time. Cindy, you should get a job on Monday Night Football,

Poor little fish. :( Sorry to hear that marlboro. How long did you have it before it died? Is this from Saltwaterfish.com perhaps?

Back