messing around...

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
Decided to purchase some macro tubes for my DSLR camera... They were only $15 on amazon... They're not awesome but I was able to get some closer pictures than with the stock lens and I need to work out settings to get a little more focus...

I must have taken 100 pictures of fish and these two were the only ones that totally didn't suck. Such a PITA with my set up getting the eyes in focus...

Cool shots. The one of the shrimp is awesome. Save some of those for the photo contests.

Thanks guys... Hopefully I'll get better. Yesterday was a lot of trial and error. I took a bunch of shots that I thought were in focus but for some reason they weren't so I'll have to adjust some things...

Nice shots Dave, can you show. Pic of the tubes

Shane here's a link to THEM. I guess they come in different sizes and Melev actually does a pretty decent write up HERE. My only gripe is I wish I would have gotten the more expensive ones ($50-$60) that Melev talks, polariod I think, about that lets the auto focus on the lens work but I doubt wife would have let me spend that much right now :cool: I just saw they sell "cheap" auto focus ones for $20-$25 so I think I'll return these and buy those...

I also purchased a rubber hood scoop that is supposed to help with aquarium pictures too...

Last edited:
I have to use the taptalk app to post pictures for the same reason

I am using photobucket... I can't resize them to a small enough size. I gave up after resizing them 4 or 5 times...

Back