WTB Metric to Standard Unions

PSU4ME

BRS Member
Anyone have extras laying around? Coralvue is 4-6 weeks out on stock and I need some in like 2-3 weeks to remote plumbing my waterbox tank. 32/40 mm to standard.

Please PM.

Thank you

Expensive, but much better quality than the coralvue ones:

Also, if you’re up for a bit of sanding and measuring, if you use some calipers you can actually adapt the existing metric pipe/fittings to US pvc. For example, the outer diameter of 32mm pipe is ~1.26 inches. The nominal internal diameter of 1 1/4” schedule 80 pipe is 1.255” - by slightly sanding down the 32mm pipe it fits nicely into the inside of a 1 1/4” schedule 80 pipe, after which you can use standard fittings to connect the 1 1/4” to your system. This is what I did for my Red Sea Peninsula, and it worked great, looks good, and is much stronger than the flimsy Coralvue adapters.

40 mm (~1.575”) is a bit trickier because nothing is a little smaller diameter (OD or ID), except schedule 40 1 1/2” pipe, which is 0.025” bigger ID, so there’s be a slight gap if you fit the 40mm into it (.314 mm each side). Small enough that a thick PVC glue could probably fill it adequately but it wouldn’t be the strongest joint. Likewise, a 1” pipe could go inside the 40mm plumbing, but also has a similar sized gap.

Thank you! I have the unions from flex pvc in the cart, just waiting to se if anyone had them locally. Wicked expensive though!

Back