Metric to standard U.S. measurement pvc?

ReeferMedic

Non-member
I have a Deltec 600S Calcium Reactor. I was wondering if anyone has replaced the Aquabee 3000 with any other pump. I was told they have metric fittings and wouldn't be able to find the correct fittings to convert it to something different. I'd really like to install an external pump as I really hate this Aquabee. It's worth about as much to me as any other submersible pump, which amounts to nothing. I've had to replace it once already, and it's running very loud for the past couple of days. This was partly my own fault because I wasn't cleaning it enough(I was cleaning it every 3-4 mos), but an external like a small little giant or something similiar would be a much better pump. I'm afraid I'm in for more problems soon. Before anyone asks, I've been cleaning the pump with the recommended solution from Deltec every 6-8 weeks. The last time I took it apart, one of the rubber grommets that hold the impeller shaft in place had a hole burned right through it. Any idea where I might be able to find metric to standard U.S. measurement pvc fittings. Any help wopuld be greatly appreciated. TIA. You'd think an expensive reactor like this would come with a better pump. :rolleyes:

I had a Deltec skimmer and made metric equivalent fittings by modifying CPVC fittings, depending on what you need you can usually rig up something. I have done the same thing for my Eheim pumps.

PS: Look into using an Eheim pump they already have metric fittings.

Jim

I had a Deltec skimmer and made metric equivalent fittings by modifying CPVC fittings, depending on what you need you can usually rig up something. I have done the same thing for my Eheim pumps.

PS: Look into using an Eheim pump they already have metric fittings.

Jim

Thanks Jim, but I was under the impression the american made eheims were standard U.S. measurement fittings. Where did you get the metric size fittings.

The two Eheim pumps I have are both metric, not sure they manufacture them in US sizes. Like I said I made some mating fittings by reworking CPVC fittings, CPVC is used for pressure applications such as home water systems and not the same as PVC drain pipes and fittings. CPVC fittings are available at hardware and plumbing supply stores. Don't expect the threads to mate up.

Jim

Same here, my ehiem has metric threads. I was also able to DIY conversion fittings, but they arent pretty.

FWIW, earlier this year I came across a thread where someone on the RC DIY fourm had found a supplier for conversion fittings. I went back later and searched and searched but couldn't find the thread again.

Somewhere they do exist? Maybe a supplier in europe or canada?

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back