Moving a large tank, moving straps ok?

mvallee

Non-member
When I hear folks moving large tanks they are always looking for those large suction cups, would those moving straps work? Just want to make sure there is not a reason that I am not thinking about.

I had some appliances delivered last month and they were using those straps and now that I have a tank to move (redsea reefer 450) I think that would be a better way to go rather than relying on my grip strength, as I get older these things seem to get way heavier and this is one tank I do not want to drop.

I just moved a reefer 450 with my skinny brother; and made it up 2 flights of stairs in an boston apt; and I can tell you that the suction cups were of huge help.

I have ordered these from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VL3CB0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and for ~$10 a piece it was a great investment. [If you want you can borrow mine btw]

I am not sure if you can attach moving straps to those in addition to help with lifting. But two people can carry a reefer 450.
When we were carrying up the stairs; we did wrap the tank in moving blanket and used strapped it to protect the corners; so that's another option.

good luck with the move!

cd

Back