Large tank moving advice

Alex

Non-member
Hey guys I'm picking up Scott's 180 this Sunday. I've never moved a tank that big. Does anyone have any advice? Was thinking about buying moving straps. I've seen those suction cups but have no idea where to get them. All advice appreciated.

The strap dont work well, I ha e tried them on a 270 and they just slide off. The way I move large tanks is just having plenty of people to help out and have a few extra to swap out to give someone a brake cause it will do tons of stress on the arms. Take your time and plan every move to the T.

I would not use dollies with moving at tank that can put to much pressure on the glass and with that much weight it probably would brake.

When I moved my 180 4 guys did it no trouble. Even navigated a sharp turn to down a stair well.

I helped a friend move a 180... just the 2 of us. upstairs. that was awful, but we did it.

I imagine 4 people is plenty.

I used four suction cups to move mine which I purchased from Amazon. They were gold.
I had four guys help and used a moving dolly , straps and moving mats to move the tank down tha stairs where it was to tight four us to used the suction cups. Took our time and used my fear of damaging the tank to review every action of moving the tank.

I used four suction cups to move mine which I purchased from Amazon. They were gold.
I had four guys help and used a moving dolly , straps and moving mats to move the tank down tha stairs where it was to tight four us to used the suction cups. Took our time and used my fear of damaging the tank to review every action of moving the tank.

Would you be able to send me a link to the ones you got?

That are 8" Damon vacuum suction cups. 39.99 on Amazon. I can send you a link later if you would like. You would be welcomed to borrow mine but Archit from love the reef has them right now.

That are 8" Damon vacuum suction cups. 39.99 on Amazon. I can send you a link later if you would like. You would be welcomed to borrow mine but Archit from love the reef has them right now.

If you wouldn't mind I would love to borrow them. Is he local? He actually mentioned that he had to ship them back to you. I could always pick them up from him and return them to you. Everyone wins. :)

Look great but not sure I want to spend 360 beans right now on the cups if I can avoid it. I'd much rather get a DOS. :) This might be something we should buy for the club though. Pass it around to those who need it.

Your more then welcomed to borrow them. I assume you can contact Archie to see about picking them up. He knows I was in know rush for them. may have to start making a map of the journey since they left me.

Great thank you. I will shoot him a PM. I'm in Ashland so not far from Franklin. I can easily return them.

Back