MP10ES vs MP10W ES?

76hudson

BRS Member
Folks- considering pulling the trigger on one of the two. Sounds like a game changer from what I've read, currently running two koralias. (29g, not bio cube)

Looks like about $230 vs $280- Is there a $50 upside to the wireless? thoughts?

Tks
GW

I just went from two nano 425 too the mp10wes on my biocube and my corals have never been so happy. I am upgrading to a 40 breeder next week but wanted to try it out and it's great. I believe the only advantage to the wireless is if you are running more than one. This way it can talk to each other without wires. I got a steal on mine and it has the W on it so I am guessing that what it is. Maybe somebody will correct me if I wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the upside to wireless is only in you two or more

Folks- considering pulling the trigger on one of the two. Sounds like a game changer from what I've read, currently running two koralias. (29g, not bio cube)

Looks like about $230 vs $280- Is there a $50 upside to the wireless? thoughts?

Tks
GW

If you want to put two MP10 in your tank and let them "push and pull", you need wireless.
If you only plan to have one mp10, wireless is not needed.
I think one mp10 is more than enough for a 29 gallon.

Last edited:
I just went from two nano 425 too the mp10wes on my biocube and my corals have never been so happy. I am upgrading to a 40 breeder next week but wanted to try it out and it's great. I believe the only advantage to the wireless is if you are running more than one. This way it can talk to each other without wires. I got a steal on mine and it has the W on it so I am guessing that what it is. Maybe somebody will correct me if I wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the upside to wireless is only in you two or more

From my own experience, due to the shape of 40 breeder, it is very hard to generate a significant wave using one MP10. You need two to have a nice wave at least 2 inch.

Thanks Dong. I have the wireless one so I can add one if it doesn't work out. My controller has a W on it so I assume its wireless. Ill have to ask the guy I got it from

They all come with the W on them and on the wireless ones the W will light up and the other won't...

And the only diff is the $50 chip that's inside which u could always buy and upgrade in future if u decide u wanted two ...

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

Second that "w" confused many people. So check twice if you buy used.

Second that "w" confused many people. So check twice if you buy used.

Yes, I fell victim to this...I had it shipped used, but I believed that it was an honest mistake by the seller, so I chalked it up as my responsibility and ate the cost. Pictures can make it look like the "W" is lit, even if it isn't.

It wasn't sold to me as a wireless. Just saw the W I don't really care either way. I got the like new mp10 and a AL Sol blue led with controller for 300 bucks

With wireless, MP10 can communicate with Radion LED.

Get the wireless, you never know when you might get a bigger tank, or if you want to sell it down the road it's easier to sell the wireless and you can get more money. I have a non-wireless MP10 I bought used for a great price (knew it wasn't wireless, but was a great deal). I'm now upgrading to a 90 tank, I already bought a MP40 for the new tank and I had to buy the chip for my MP10 for $60 plus shipping and I have to install. Not hard to do, but if I had a choice of only $50 I would have got the wireless.