MRC Collection Container with Tsunami ATO Implemented

Leroy

Pres. NE Matchcover Club
MRC Collection Container with Tsunami ATO Implemented

I bought a used MRC collection container that at one time and the last time for me it overflowed when my skimmer went insane and overflowed the MRC container. I thought about using a float switch but then I'd have to make an acrylic bracket to shut down the skimmer pump when it reached it's water height within the MRC. Searching my used parts box of refugium/sump stuff I found the Tsunami ATO and new all it would take is a small modification and nothing between the two products would be altered at all. Follow the pics below and easy explanation of what I did.

MRC Collection Container
MRC.jpg

Tsunami Controller and Water Height ATO Tube
MRC2.jpg

MRC1.jpg

Black tube replacing the water height ATO tube inserted down through MRC's vent from top down into the collection container.
This will sense the water rise and shut down skimmer pump.
MRC3.jpg

MRC4.jpg

An easy finish: MRC Collection Container with Tsunami ATO, ready to be connected to skimmer.
MRC6.jpg

nice work leroy, did you figure out why the skimmate would flow out the top. i had it happen to me a couple times when the skimmer went crazy.on a side note did that other tank pickup ever happen?

Thanks Jay. Found the skimmer to overreact when I fed the corals plankton or changed a filter sock. The tank situation is it's still work in progress and has recently updated me.

Back