WooHoo! DSA 135 w/ 50 MRC sump is running!

fishmommy

Non-member
Just got this running this week. Will post more detailed build thread next week when I get it finished. I want to thank everyone for their helpful advice!

135.jpg

fuge.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!!! Nice work!!!
How come the light is red over the refugium?
OH,and love the planted tanks as well.

The light is a red/blue LED mix specially tuned for growing green algae. We'll see how it works. I can always switch to a white PAR38 in that fixture if the marketing turns out to be hogwash!

Love your setup - if I wasn't in a tiny Boston apartment I'd have rooms of tanks too ;).
Very nice planted tank btw.

Whats in the tank on the right in the first picture? The larger plant looks like a bromeliad, used a lot in vivs for dart frogs.

Great! I am thinking about a DSA 135 also. As an option to the 120 I've looked at. How is the cabinet? Also a DSA? Center overflow I see. I have a lot of questions for you if you are OK with it so I will send you a message.

Thanks all.
My skimmer is starting to produce some actual foam after a 3 day break in.
Started GFO yesterday (rocks are still leaching phosphate) and it brought my ULR Phosphorus from 33 down to 13 (10 or less is what you want)
I think I am going to start cycling the system and QT tanks in a couple of days. Very excited!

Hi again,

What type of lights are those? Are they clamped to the tank? Feel stable? I have heard one or two horror stories already about clamps on tanks coming loose and the lights get bumped and splish splash they are in the bath...

Thanks.

the main lights are suspended from the ceiling and are GHL Mitras. The Fuge light is on a gooseneck that is pipe clamped to the underside of the stand and is a ReefBreeders Par 38.

Back