My clowns laid eggs

N

number1gsxxr

Yesterday my clowns laid eggs for the first time that I've seen. I'm not setup to try to raise them but maybe down the road I'll give it a shot. I tried to snap some pics but they are in a difficult place to get a good photo.

What's the deal with using clay pots or tiles. Do the clowns prefer those over live rock? Can you just place it near to where they laid eggs the first time?

Nope. They are ocellaris I got from Lovely Pets a while ago.

If they layed one batch, you will probably start to see them start doing it regularly pretty soon if not from now on.

They like to lay the eggs on a clean surface. Sometimes they take to pots/tiles, sometimes not.

Pots/tiles are great because they allow you to remove a batch of eggs just before they hatch out, insted of having to catch the fry as they hatch out and only getting a percentage of them.

If your considering it, I'd suggest that you start by reading up on rearing the babies and keeping the food cultures. If your up for the challenge and time investment, then start the food cultures, get used to keeping them alive, and let nature take it's course. The clown eggs will probably be ready before you are :)

Back