my dorm room 10g nano

10173660_10203895156047547_3985605591772390380_n.jpg

it needs more corals and but i need a better light first looking at the reef breeders nano lite currently has home made CFL

for fish i have one watchman goby one yellow tail damsel and one neon dotty back

for inverts i have a tiger pistol shrimp and some turbo snails

for coral i have some mushrooms cant see them in the picture they keep wandering off a finger leather a duncans coral and 2 trumpet polyps

i want to ad some pulsing xenia and an acropora

once i get a good light i want a clam for the fore ground

key words [want]

keene state 10 gallons is the school limit

i had to feed them to get all 4 major players out for the camera

the shrimp has a 3 foot bubble around the tank i can do what ever i want outside of it but he will only come out for food if im in the bubble

water changes are hard in a dorm

Last edited:
its a very solid nano it held up for 5 weeks with the rd over feeding while i was gone

she asked if i had a smaller tank to put them into...

as for the summer the tank gets taken home, the shrimp move the whole sand bed so much the tank takes less than a day to get back to normal after being taken down and re set up so no cycling.

most reef fish will maintain out a Territory on the reef this is ware they will feed and breed its the same in captivity.

the trick is to put them with other fish that can handle them

i find that my fish have their best collar when they are competing with each other and the displays and antics are fun to watch and keep the fish from hideing all day

my watchmen gobby spends far more time out of his hole now that he has to defend it and since she is out the shrimp is to

Nice accomplishment. I'm glad you got your mix of fish to work and that the 10 gallon has remained so stable. I have a 16 gallon at work. First saltwater tank, great fun and always a delight to view.

Back