My Fluval Edge picco 6 gallon *reef*

MPevine11

my own mini ocean
have had it since july 7th. took water from my existing tank, bought sand, bought 2 lbs of rock from my existing tank and bought an addtional 5lbs.

not a reef yet but it will have simple corals in it after the lighting mod

7 lbs of live rock
~8lbs of live sand

Tank: Fluval Edge
Heater: fluval edge heater 25-watts
Filter: fluval edge filter

Live stock:
3 blue leg hermits
small cleaner shrimp
yellow clown goby (cute, but not active much)

Future plans:
Maxspect G1 60-watt LEDS (CREE??) (not sure if i want the Cree version or regular) (click link, then choose, then G1-60w cree)
Vortech MP10 ES
Fluval E50 heater?
(shoulld have this stuff soon)

Maybe this:
IceProbe Micro Nano Aquarium 50W Chiller & Controller (click link)
need to read up on it a bit more......but sometime when we dont run the AC in the house the tank gets a little hot...(86max)

here are the pics:
727018.jpg

727020.jpg

727021.jpg

727017.jpg

very nice

thank you. its a fun project i love it! cant wait to do the lighting mod!

is that a mushroom coral in there? it was on the rock when i bought it......there was also a dead one thats comming back alive.

i have more pics to upload of my tiny cleaner shrimp trying to eat sinking pellet food. he has alot of character for a shrimp. fun to watch

im suprised the 2x10watt MR-11 bulbs are supporting the coral and actually bringing the other one back to life.

i recomend a fluval edge to any one who wants a small computer desk tank (or any small tank for places alike). i just stay on cleaning the filter and the water quality seems to be doing very well.( and weekly 1 gallon waterchange) wish i could have a skimmer tho.....

its only been that that 2 times (86f). (before i had fish when i was running it with rock and water just to see how the temps were)

typically 77. 8 when the AC is on in the house.

i was thinking that iceprobe nano chiller may be a good idea, but no cue on how to install it (i wouldnt need it much at all seeing on hot days we run the AC, but im thinking with only 6 gallon tank that it wouldnt be a bad idea......)

You need to drill a hole in order to use an Ice Probe Chiller, and I do not believe that you can drill the Fluval Edge.

you cant run a tube(like u shaped tube) over the top into the water?

also why cant a fluval edge be drilled?

The glass may be tempered?

I thought you were putting a Lemon peel Angel in that tank? :p
Looks great BTW, your persuading me to start up my own.

i totally recomend starting one! i enjoy it a ton! wish my fish was more active tho........

I thought you were putting a Lemon peel Angel in that tank?
hahaha i would never do such a thing!

The glass may be tempered?
depressing, i wanted to add a sump later on down the road......

Back