My Moorish idol chows on nori

Moe_K

Stabbed by Foulke
Bought this Moorish idol from Jimnen this past weekend.
As Jim told me, this fish loves nori.
I think it may also like zoanthids, though. :: I saw him picking at my zoa rock, but it might have been at something else. I don't see any damage to the zoos. As I add corals, I hope the idol doesn't develop a taste for them.

The fish eats lots of food. Mysis and fish good are taken readily. Hopefully the streamer will grow back quickly, and hopefully my yellow tang will settle down.
The tang is bullying the new idol. That's why we put the mirror in the back of the tank.
Only one really phased by the mirror is that blue chromis. That sucker poses with fins up all day in front of the mirror. :p

Anyway, here's the video.

[youtube]TVyHUiHqWpM[/youtube]

I just had to return a big Moorish Idol back to the store. Its was the coolest fish in the world, but I couldnt get him to eat. I tried EVERYthing!! I even boiled fresh cut spinach and soaked it in garlic for a while and still nothing!!. It was a shame but if yours is eating then you should be good. Just keep him fed. Having a "Fish on the Fringe" is always awsome when they dont mess with anything. Good Luck

Moe, is it possible to pull the tang and place it in a fuge or something for a month and let the MI settle? years (and years) ago I would go though similar things with CB and yellow tangs and the yellow tangs sadly always won

best of luck, it is a great fish

Great looking fish, keep him full maybe he will leave your corals alone. My son was cracking up laughing at your video, hes six and its getting late, for him, I think it was the opera music HA

Great looking fish, keep him full maybe he will leave your corals alone. My son was cracking up laughing at your video, hes six and its getting late, for him, I think it was the opera music HA

Yeah, the opera music was meant to be silly. Kinda seemed to us that the fish might sing. ;)

Moe, is it possible to pull the tang and place it in a fuge or something for a month and let the MI settle? years (and years) ago I would go though similar things with CB and yellow tangs and the yellow tangs sadly always won

best of luck, it is a great fish
Yeah, might have to Frank. Good suggestion, thanks.
I'll come see you for some zoanthids some day soon.

Thanks, Matt. Good to see you still around.
Regrettably, I'm out of the Boston area now.

There was a period of about 2 years where I seldom, if ever, participated on the boards, but I never once stopped reefkeeping. I'm happy to have more time to participate now.

Matt:cool:

Back