My plate coral is dead RIP

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
My most beautiful coral, a big plate coral was dead this morning. RIP.

I am doing water change and clean up after its death.

:(

Do not throw away the body in the book corals it shows new small plate corals budding off the dead remains of the parent after some dormant time Im sure that someone has the book near you that you could follow up on this Sue

Thanks for the suggestion.
What should I do with the remain? The flesh keep rotting off. I keep it in a bucket now.

super cook said:
Do not throw away the body in the book corals it shows new small plate corals budding off the dead remains of the parent after some dormant time Im sure that someone has the book near you that you could follow up on this Sue
I had a short tentacle plate coral that was doing awesome just turn bad and die in the span of a week. I could see jsut a tiny bit of color on it so I did not throw it out, a month later it came back and looked better than ever. I would definetly keep it.

dz6t said:
Thanks for the suggestion.
What should I do with the remain? The flesh keep rotting off. I keep it in a bucket now.
you have it in a bucket turn a power head on it and lightly blow off any rotting flesh and put it back in the tank I would think this would work anything else on it your clean up crew could handle these might be like blastamosa even a tiny bit of flesh and it can come back

Done it. Hope for the best. Thanks a lot.

Back