mystery coral fragging

jpnasty

Non-member
so I really don't want to do this ,but this absolutely beautiful coral is just to aggressive for my tank. it just killed a acro yesterday and has attacked a few others in the past. i have no clue what it is tho? its VERY VERY bright green and is definitely a centerpiece colony(7-9 inches). Now i would love to let someone have this beautiful piece as is but due to how stunning this piece is(pics don't do it justice) i would ask a lot(around 350). but to my main question how should i go about fragging it out?

here are some high res pics
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/jpnasty667/

Fragging is a routine maintenance task for the tank, so I do not read this as a FS thread at all.

You need to break up the coral. A dremel, or other cutting device would work. The edges will heal. You may want to work your way around the outside and make it smaller and more the size you'd like in your tank, rather than just hacking away at it.

Good luck.

that is a very interesting coral looks like you could probably chip peices off the edges till its the size you want, but i don't know if thats the proper way to do it
when you figure out how to frag it though i would love a frag

to be honest, this type of coral isn't worth that much because of how strong it's sting is. be sure to tell the people who get it from you to give it plenty of room, as it will destroy most anything it touches

Back