Nano version 2.0 Build

Palyanna

Nano Princess
After not being able to find a quality production nano tank that would suit my needs, I have decided to have one custom built. Unfortunately I cannot have a big tank due to space constraints, so I am creating a little tank with a lot of character.

So, here we go. The tank is being built by Aquarium Obsessed and is going to be an all-in-one rimless nano (12 mm glass); front and sides of Starphire glass with a greylight glass built-in filtration divider. The dimensions of the tank are 24" L x 20" W x 18" H. Lighting is going to be provided by an Aquactinics TX5 T5 fixture. It is going to have a Tunze Nano Dock 9002 skimmer and flow is going to be provided by a Mag Drive 5.

The stand and canopy are going to be maple and custom designed and built by Calciumbuf.

Here is what I've got so far . . .

BackView.jpg

FrontView.jpg

SideView.jpg

TopView.jpg

Wow. That is really something. My only suggestion would be to use something other than a mag 5. I can't wait to see the real deal.

Wow. That is really something. My only suggestion would be to use something other than a mag 5. I can't wait to see the real deal.

Thanks. I can't wait to see the tank and stand come to life either! My brother has used Mags for years without any problems. One of the other reasons I plan on using this pump is due to its size.

Can't wait to see Nano Version 2.0.......sounds like it is going to be a big $ little tank:D.

VERY COOL

Isn't the 1/2 inch glass overkill for 37 gallons? You could go with 6mm glass or 9mm to play it safe. Also, with thinner glass you really wouldn't need it to be low iron.

What are you planning on keeping in nano 2.0? 24 inches gives you many lighting options. If you're not going to keep sps, I would go with a 4 bulb fixture.

BTW: I have a 24" Lamptree that arrived a few weeks ago and I'm thinking about parting with it. Was planning on suspending a T5 fixture but I'm leaning toward keeping my metal halide.

not only can jim build but he can draw to he is a good man and it is nice 2 know what u want be4 u start i think this i going 2 make tank of the month good luck

Can't wait to see Nano Version 2.0.......sounds like it is going to be a big $ little tank:D.

VERY COOL

I can't wait to see this set-up come together, too. I feel like a little kid counting down the days until Christmas . . .

Isn't the 1/2 inch glass overkill for 37 gallons? You could go with 6mm glass or 9mm to play it safe. Also, with thinner glass you really wouldn't need it to be low iron.

What are you planning on keeping in nano 2.0? 24 inches gives you many lighting options. If you're not going to keep sps, I would go with a 4 bulb fixture.

BTW: I have a 24" Lamptree that arrived a few weeks ago and I'm thinking about parting with it. Was planning on suspending a T5 fixture but I'm leaning toward keeping my metal halide.

While the 12 mm glass may be overkill, it's what the tank builder suggests; and since he builds tanks for a living, I am going to defer to his professional opinion.

In response to your inquiry, "Nano version 2.0" is going to be an LPS tank dominated primarily by Acans with some other LPS specimens.

Thanks for the offer on the Lamptree fixture; but, I already purchased the lighting fixture I plan on using (Aquactinics TX5 T5).

not only can jim build but he can draw to he is a good man and it is nice 2 know what u want be4 u start i think this i going 2 make tank of the month good luck

Jim is really talented, very professional and a super nice guy. His wife is so sweet, too. Jim took time out of his holiday weekend to meet with me to discuss in detail all my options. I am confident that he is going to build an amazing stand and canopy.

nice tank setup. should be topnotch.
btw, they tell you 12mm because it cost more.

Thanks. Based upon the price Aquarium Obsessed quoted me for the tank, I do not feel like I am being overcharged. I can only assume that the reason they are going to build my tank out of 12 mm glass is because that is what they commonly use to build the majority of their tanks which is fine by me. I would certainly rather have a tank that is over-built than under-built!

Actually the 12mm thickness is a nice feature, seeing as the tank will support the weight of a canopy/light as well.

well why did you just say so:D. Now that makes sense if its going to hold up a Jim masterpiece.

In the initial post I did state that "[t]he stand and canopy are going to be maple and custom designed and built by Calciumbuf." You must have overlooked it. :p

Come on, give me some credit, do you think that I would go through the trouble of having a custom tank built and then have anything less than one of Jim's custom-designed stands and canopies to show it off?!? :D

Back