Nano version 2.0 Build

I am going out on a limb here; but, I think I have just discovered that Jim is a maniac (in a GOOD way!) I think it took my pathetic self longer to draw the initial tank diagrams than it did for Jim to custom build the stand and canopy for my new tank! (I wish Aquarium Obsessed could build my tank this quick . . .)

Here are some pics of Jim's masterpiece awaiting stain and finish. I hope that the tank is built as well as the stand and canopy.

100_2116Small.jpg

100_2117Small.jpg

100_2118Small.jpg

100_2119Small.jpg

A couple more pics . . .

100_2120Small.jpg

100_2121Small.jpg

I am totally blown away. Thank you for all your hard work Jim.
Now, go and rest!

That's going to be on sweet looking tank and stand. I'm sure once you get the tank stocked after seeing pics on here of your other tank that it stands a good chance for a TOTM sometime in the future. Looking forward to seeing the end results so if I ever downsized I'd want to have a nano set up just like that.

Nice looking stand!

I wonder how many hours of bird room cleaning Jen and I would have to do to get Jim to build us a stand and hood as a trade:p.

That's going to be on sweet looking tank and stand. I'm sure once you get the tank stocked after seeing pics on here of your other tank that it stands a good chance for a TOTM sometime in the future. Looking forward to seeing the end results so if I ever downsized I'd want to have a nano set up just like that.

Thank you. :D At this point, I am just looking forward to getting the tank up and running. Since I have been forced to keep smaller tanks due to space limitations, I have tried to be a little creative with them.

Nice looking stand!

I wonder how many hours of bird room cleaning Jen and I would have to do to get Jim to build us a stand and hood as a trade:p.

Thank you - that's all Jim's hard work.

Aw, come on. It wouldn't be that bad. Jim's a fair guy. The only thing is that Jim would have to build butler's quarters off the aviary wing and get you "Calciumbuf Wildlife" uniforms but . . . don't you think it would be worth it?! :D

Boy is that going to be a nice set up. The stand looks great! :D Once the stain / finish is applied it will really show its true definition. Those flutes will really stand out for sure. I will be watching for more updates, nice job. :)

Boy is that going to be a nice set up. The stand looks great! :D Once the stain / finish is applied it will really show its true definition. Those flutes will really stand out for sure. I will be watching for more updates, nice job. :)

Thank you. Jim does such gorgeous work. I cannot wait to see the finished product. :)

When looking through threads/posts in the forums I really admired other BRS members' set-ups (including yours); and I started thinking that although I am space restricted, it does not have to be an impediment to having a beautiful set up, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

That looks amazing. Exactly how it should... like a finished piece of furniture.

Tell me about it. Jim does some fantastic work. I cannot express how happy I am with how it came out. I told Jim that I wanted something simple and clean looking and he certainly came through!

I received a wonderful surprise this morning - here are pics of the finished stand and canopy.

100_2130Small.jpg

100_2131Small.jpg

100_2134Small.jpg

100_2136Small.jpg

Wow, that stand makes me salivate:) And seeing what you did with nano 1.0, I think you'll have a TOTM in no time... awesome!

Extremely nice!! Going to be a beautiful set-up. Jim, do you Pro bono work?? :D

Thank you for the comment, I would be extremely happy to do Pro bono work as long as you can work it out with my mortgage company ahead of time, and you may need to have a talk with my electric company as well ;):D

Thank you for the comment, I would be extremely happy to do Pro bono work as long as you can work it out with my mortgage company ahead of time, and you may need to have a talk with my electric company as well ;):D

Called 'em Jim, All Set! They said it was cool and that they would let you slide next month so start a' cuttin'. :D I'll next to pick up before your next staments come in okay?

Nobody gets through to the electric company in less than 7 minutes and talks to a real person ,LOL nice try though :D

Very nice work Jim, that is one sweet stand and canopy!

Palyanna I bet you can't wait to get the custom tank so you can get started. Hopefully the tank if up to par with the custom wood work:p.

Extremely nice!! Going to be a beautiful set-up. Jim, do you Pro bono work??

Tell me about it. Jim certainly has a talent for bringing a vision to life. This stand and canopy are exactly what I wanted! I hope I am able to do justice to Jim's stand and canopy by being able to compliment it with all the right goodies. You crack me up - pro bono . . .

Wow, that stand makes me salivate And seeing what you did with nano 1.0, I think you'll have a TOTM in no time... awesome!

You're salivating and I'm speechless. I don't know about TANK of the month; but, it could certainly win STAND of the month! Thank you for the kind words.

You guys are cracking me up. Once again, Jim, I can't thank you enough. You have clearly outdone yourself and the turn around time is just silly! Do you sleep?

Very nice work Jim, that is one sweet stand and canopy!

Palyanna I bet you can't wait to get the custom tank so you can get started. Hopefully the tank if up to par with the custom wood work:p.

I hope so. It was not easy finding someone to build a custom nano. AGE had no interest in building a tank that size; I was a little skeptical about Glass Cages; and, there is not much left after that. If this tank does not work out I am going to have to contact Elos or Deltec. I am keeping my fingers crossed - I think that John at Aquarium Obsessed has a good understanding of what I want.

Norm Abraham eat your heart out! Nice job
View attachment 39911

ROTFLMAO, too funny. We need to get Jim a television show! :D

Back