Neal's SPS & ZOA/PALY SYSTEM Coral & Livestock pics thread...

Purple people eaters...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345839227.005781.jpg

New digs :)

85g custom made euro-braced, acrylic cube with external overflow... I'm gonna need a new light, but the one I have now will work ok for now... Considering at this point, a single 400 watt halide, or DiY 10 bulb 36" fixture...

This is how it looks upon arrival, gonna vacuum it out, wipe it down with vinegar, vacuum again, then see what I can do about a little buffing...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346245699.883899.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346245711.994301.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346245731.804697.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346245742.782735.jpg

Tank is 35 x 29 x 18... Has one 3/4" return on the back upper left corner and two 1" drains in the overflow...

Thank you :) looking forward to my changeover soon... I have a bunch of new columns curing now and hope to have my new single 400 watt halide for it in soon too... Cheers!

Also picking up a LED light tomorrow for what will be my zoa/paly display, which will be separate from my sps, but also plumbed in... So I will be able to control the environments as far as light and flow, separately ;)

Some new ones I got today... Nice and fat at the moment, they were still opening while I took this pic after dipping...

I'm pretty happy with the way they look in my tank... I really like the blue outer rim on the green body, and the blue tips at the ends of the green tips on a blue skirt... The body to me, reminds me of that of a people eater polyp... About 9 or 10 healthy polyps...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346907857.300949.jpg

Got some Miami vice zoas as well, but I removed them from most of the mount they were on, so they were a little more upset, lol... I'm thinken soon they will look up to par...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346907933.198765.jpg

My system is changing in the coming month... I have decided to go with a Deep Blue rimless 30g reef ready, shallow cube (95% sure) as my new zoa display... It will sit aside my new to me, 85g custom acrylic mentioned previously... I'm most likely goin to go with a single 400 watt halide setup for the sps, and I have an Evo 119 watt led light for my soon to be, zoa only display... I'm possibly leaning towards two separate systems if the zoas don't do as well as I would like them... But I'm hoping not to do that honestly...

I'm gonna take a little more time with all this than I would like, but I want to be sure to properly cure all new tile, and there are still two more components I need to pull this off... However I have the teklight which I may start out with until I can get the halide setup, but I shouldn't need more than a month or so for that (fingers crossed)... But you never know... Either way, I still need to get the new zoa display tank...

and im not too sure what this is growing amongst my rastas as of late, but i think im gonna try a peroxide dip... Any thoughts?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346908292.966268.jpg

Last edited:
Back