need help on a small diy

JasonandRay

Non-member
need help on a small diy tank

hey, today i found a piece of acrylic in my basment its 42.5" long x 11h im thinking about building a nano tank with it but i can figure out good dimentions for it :eek: hopefully it will go on my soon to be computer desk :D
- Thanks Jason

Last edited:
And what kind of acrylic? If you don't know, can you post a pic (assuming it still has the protective sheeting on it)?

the acrylic is about 1/16 in thick (i think) its lucite-tuf stuff? will this work as a false wall?

Last edited:
the acrylic is about 1/16 in thick (i think) its lucite-tuf stuff? will this work as a false wall?

It won't work well at all. It'll lack the ridigity needed to keep itself somewhat straight/flat, and this will terribly stress the joints where you seal it to the existing tank. It'll also expand a good amount, so if your looking for a full false wall it will be nearly impossilbe to get it the right size so it doesn't seriously bow from the expansion (and or crack the tank).

Sorry, but that material will not be good for much :(

It won't work well at all. It'll lack the ridigity needed to keep itself somewhat straight/flat, and this will terribly stress the joints where you seal it to the existing tank. It'll also expand a good amount, so if your looking for a full false wall it will be nearly impossilbe to get it the right size so it doesn't seriously bow from the expansion (and or crack the tank).

Sorry, but that material will not be good for much :(

alright i just found it in my basemet so i didnt spend any mony on it.

Back