NEED HELP WITH MY TANK!!! corals are starting to die

dzemo7

GM at Aidens Coral Cove
my tank is a 65 gallon tank, with 6 bulb t5 lighting and im running a 10 gallon refugium with mud sand and kato. also have a skimmer that i run during the day. in the tank i have a large assortment of sps lps, and some soft corals in there and everything has been fine for a long time. recently i picked up some new corals at a frag swap. and since then everything seems to not be doing so happy. i have many different kinds of zoa polyps and 2 of the new ones have already died off and i have two blue steel zoas that are also starting to die off. all of the zoas that have been in my tank are still thriving. also i have some polyps of blastomusa merletti that started to close up and arent taking well to the tank. and i got a maxima clam that was doing good for a while but now his mantel is staring to fold up abnormally. i tested the tank and there is no nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, or phosphates. and i cant figure out why my tank is getting messed up now.

i only run the skimmer during the day because the pump keeps me awake at night. temp is 76 not sure on calcium and magnesium. i usualy dose my tank with calcium booster, seachem fuel, and phytoplex live. also feed my corals h20 coral food. the weird thing is only some of my corals are being affected while the majority of them are thriving

the tank has been set up for a year and everything has been fine till just recently, i dont have anymore test kits which i am probobly going to go and get some today. and i have been dosing the tank with that stuff for a long time, the fuel is just a general use amino acid to help the corals grow, and the phytoplex is just food. and i use the kent calcium booster sparingly.

"temp is 76 not sure on calcium and magnesium"

This would be your problem right here.
Also,what's your alkalinity?

not sure on any of them, i ran out of tests, the only tests i have now is nitrate nitrite ammonia, ph, salinity, and there all spot on. what are some good test kits i can go get, and what are some good products to fix the levels if they are off

If your on a budget,just get the API test kits.
I've tested them against the more expensive brands and they are spot on.
Alk is probably the most important.

not sure on any of them, i ran out of tests, the only tests i have now is nitrate nitrite ammonia, ph, salinity, and there all spot on. what are some good test kits i can go get, and what are some good products to fix the levels if they are off

Our nearest sponsors to you are Lovely Pets, Skipton's, and Underwater World. Might be worth a call to them to see what they have in stock.

They also might test the water for you for a nominal fee, so you can see where you are......

yeah ive been to all them plenty of times. im probobly going to go to underwater world because its the easiest to get too. does anyone know if they test water there for free. ive never heard of a place charging for tests

No skimmer at night. Not good. If I had to take a guess I would say most likely your alk is low and your ph is taking a dive when the lights and the skimmer go off. Get yourself a quiet pump.

also i had a question about the ligthing situation. i have a 6 bulb t5 setup. and i had it originally running three 10ks and 3 actinics, but i recently changed one of my actinics over to a pink t5 because i was told it would add to the spectrum. the daylight cycle uses the three daylights and one actinic, while on the other circuit it has one actinic and the pink bulb. is this a good configuration. or should i change the bulbs around or just put the blue back on

A pink T5???lol
I hope it wasn't a LFS that told you this.
Get that thing out of there.10K and actinic blues are all you need.

Underwaterworld tests everything Ca, Mg & the basics for free. Your pretty close to me, if your in a bind I can test it for you.

yeah a pink t5, its used originally for a plant tank. but both underwaterworld and skiptons said it adds to the spectrum and helps the corals grow faster. it gives the tank a sunset look instead of the blue look. but idk if thats good or a bad thing

Basically,it's a waste of a of good socket to put a 10K in there.
Red wavelength is the first to dissipate at a depth where corals are.

Back