need help ?

skyedolphan

Non-member
trying to make my life a little less insane in the morning
so here goes possibly a dump ? but
can I in reality take tupperware put holes in it for flow place frags for people in it ( yes I know I can do this )
but here is the next ?
is there a problem with using a permanent matker to mark whos is what on the top of the cover? mind you it will get blown around the tank so the marker will have contact with the watr
but figure if I let it dry for say 15 minutes outta water would it then be safe

FWIW..(for what it's worth), In the past, when marking frags for trade, my Sharpie fell into my tank (un-noticed) and remained there for the day until I returned from the meeting with NOT ONE issue except for the fact that I had to peel two snails from it.

D

I've read that some people use permanent markers to paint over white PVC piping that's visible inside the tank (to make it less conspicuous until it gets covered in coraline)... so it should be ok. Never tried it myself, though.

Nuno

Dave - too funny! I use sharpies to mark the gallon increments inside the 5 gallon buckets I use for RO/DI and NSW with no impact.

If you are worried, and you don't have to many tuperware dishes to identify, then how about putting 1 tiny piece of rubble rock in one for guy A 2 for guy B and so on. Just make a list who gets what rubble!

Dawn, that sounds like a fun time in the morning! so dave you have 4 pebbles and amy you have 5 pebbles and an empty snail shell. LOL i can see it now.

No.1 i didnt mean any disrespect to your idea but i think that dawn has alot of things going on in the AM with the kids and stuff.

OK thanks for the laughs guys I needed this after the nite I just had :)
and Pete I will get you tomorrow I promise LOL

Back