nem question

J

jokersplayground

would 7500k work for a bubble tip anemone. it is leds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what you are asking.
Do you mean is the color rating ok? If so the nem likely care what color the light is. But we cannot tell how intense the light is based on your info. Intensity is what the nem will care about.

i have the fluval spec it comes with a led light fixture that gas 37 leds and it just says its 7500k spectrum. ive tried to find more info for the light but cant find a thing

Doubt it very highly. Doubt it so much that I would confidentially say no. The LEDs on the fluval systems are junk for a lack of better words. I have a fluval edge led. I wouldn't keep anything but freshwater fish in it.

You don't think 5 gallons is a bit too small for a nem?

Doubt it very highly. Doubt it so much that I would confidentially say no. The LEDs on the fluval systems are junk for a lack of better words. I have a fluval edge led. I wouldn't keep anything but freshwater fish in it.?

There you go. I'm not familiar with them but I would tend to agree with this.

You don't think 5 gallons is a bit too small for a nem?

I don't know if water quality was kept on might be ok.

Those 37 LEDs won't put out the light that 1 puck on an ai sol would put out.

As for the water quality, that's a lot of work but doable. But nems still get quite large.

Those 37 LEDs won't put out the light that 1 puck on an ai sol would put out.

As for the water quality, that's a lot of work but doable. But nems still get quite large.

I agree. A better choice might be a flower nem they still want light. Not as much as a bta maybe.

Or a tube nem. They don't require light. Non-photosynthetic. They are also awesome looking. But my guess is he also wants a pair of clowns in there to live in said nem.

Lol. I've seen a couple of really kool fluval setups as a reef on rc. They def need a lighting upgrade. One guy said he did 100 percent water changes every day just to maintain the quality.

ok so i might just do a pair of clowns. dz6t i have no clue. it does not say on the box or in the instruction

ok so i might just do a pair of clowns. dz6t i have no clue. it does not say on the box or in the instruction

That's the first problem sign. Any time an LED light fixture features the quantity of LEDs but does not mention the wattage it usually means they are trying to direct your attention away from inferior intensity. Fluval has several levels of intensity, however those on the Spec tanks are among the lowest.

I wouldn't do 100% water changes ever! Go with a bigger tank and sufficient lighting so that you can keep what you want.

I agree on the 100% WC. Unless you can match chemistry spot on it is going to result in stress. Also, I can't see how doing something like that is enjoyable. I have heard of other people doing massive and frequent WC in order to maintain their tanks and I just don't get it. For me, I want to have a balance in maintenance and enjoyment of the tank. If I need to do a huge WC every few days just to keep things stable then it would not be worth it. If huge WCs every few days are necessary in order to keep a tank going then I would suggest that there is something not quite right with the system in the first place. JMHO

Back