New Camera + New Rock + New Rockscape + New Stand + New Fish = New Pictures!

STiTCH87

Saltwater OCD Victim
This new camera is AMAZING. Take a guess at how much it cost me brand new though, lol.

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

wow thats super clear! What kind of acro is that? I'm thinking it may do better higher up closer to the light. .... oh yea my guess is $300 for the camera?

It's a piece of purple acro. Not sure the specific variation though. It was salvaged from a crashed reef tank and I picked it up for $5 for that whole piece, thus why part of it is dead/dying. Yeah I did end up moving it to the top of the tank after these picture were taken, I had just kept forgetting to today til I took these. It's got purple tips or polyps or whatever you wanna call the pieces that come out from the hard nubby parts. I may have to frag it into 3 pieces and cut out the dying parts though. Gotta keep an eye on it and see if the death is progressing further or if it is staying put where it is.

And nope on the camera price. Go lower.

A Sony Cybershot H55. I can't believe I got that quality from a Point-And-Shoot camera but I do! Got it for $150 with shipping on Ebay brand new. 14.1 megapixel and 10x zoom means great image quality I guess. very satisfied with how nicely these photos came out. I gotta start taking more. Gotta take me some nice autumn photos too with all these nice tree colours outside.

Oh and thanks for the compliments everyone. Very happy with my tank right now.

Yeah my clown goby is awesome. Such a funy face and he just coasts around and sits on everything. I called him meep cuz he makes that face like he's gonna say "meep!" Like Beaker.

And yes it is an orange-lined cardinalfish.

It's a piece of purple acro. Not sure the specific variation though. It was salvaged from a crashed reef tank and I picked it up for $5 for that whole piece, thus why part of it is dead/dying. Yeah I did end up moving it to the top of the tank after these picture were taken, I had just kept forgetting to today til I took these. It's got purple tips or polyps or whatever you wanna call the pieces that come out from the hard nubby parts. I may have to frag it into 3 pieces and cut out the dying parts though. Gotta keep an eye on it and see if the death is progressing further or if it is staying put where it is.

And nope on the camera price. Go lower.

looks like a very pissed off tort...if you don't see polyp extension over the next couple of weeks it will eventually just fade away & start ripping its flesh.. make sure all your params are in order.....torts are very demanding for water quality...

HTH...BTW....shots are nice & clear!!!

Yeah it may very well be a tort, didn't think of that. Whatever it is, it most certainly is pissed off. Nice that I rescued it from a crashed tank (Hit 90 degrees!!! :-O!)

I'm hoping it starts pulling through soon. I do have all my params in check, however if within one month it has not started coming around even a slight bit (or if it gets worse and I think I may risk losing it) then I may put it up for adoption on here to someone with a SPS tank where they can hopefully hospitalize it better than I can.

Yeah my clown goby is awesome. Such a funy face and he just coasts around and sits on everything. I called him meep cuz he makes that face like he's gonna say "meep!" Like Beaker.

And yes it is an orange-lined cardinalfish.

Haha, yeah, I can picture him saying that. My YWG was given his moniker by my gf. She named him Walter, because she says he has an old man face haha.

Knew it had to be some sort of cardinal. So sorry to hear about its (from one of the other threads) unfortunate demise :( He was a really nice looking fish.

Yeah i'm saddened by his passing, but once I get t the bottom of why this is the 2nd cardinal not to last a week in my tank, i'll likely consider another. Funny how both were my girlfriends fish she picked out and both passed, maybe shes cursed. Lol. She doesn't know yet though, so I think i'm gonna pull the ol' switcheroo and get a replacement before she finds out to keep her happy.

Yeah my algae blenny has an old man face. Even has the handlebar moustache. Called him GiR. Wouldn't mind a YWG in my tank tho. Or a sandsifting goby.

Back