New Camera! Yay!

madducks42

Resident Nihilist
BRS Member
As an early Christmas present to myself I got a new DSLR, ended up going with a Nikon D7500. I've only had it a few weeks but I'm really enjoying it. It's a major improvement from my Nikon D3200.

Wow looks awesome, makes me want to consider getting a DSLR as well. Do you use any other filters or lenses to take these?

I usually use my macro lens for taking pictures of the tank. If the coral is set further back in the tank I sometimes use my kit lens, 18-105mm but I'm still playing with those pictures. I really like the macro lens but it doesn't work that well if the coral is placed midway or further back in the tank. I have UV filters on all my lenses mostly to protect them, I haven't messed around with any special filters yet.

Nice! and Congrats. That's a lot of camera.
Now, please remove all those UV filters off your lenses. They do little to protect your lens if you drop it and it you're worry about the lens touching something and scratch, put the lens hood on. UV filter is a money maker accessory that salesmen are told to sell hard on. It offer littler protection while degrading the image quality of your lens.

Meh. There are a lot of options about the use of UV filters in photography. I personally like using them. They're easier to clean and we tend to have a lot of dust/hair in the house because of our pets. I've compared photos with and without them and if there is a difference between them I can't see it.

Wow that’s some beautiful photos you took thare. Just looked up the camera that a pricey camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back