New Member - Reviving RedSea max250

Markbunga

Non-member
Hi all,
Excited to joint he community.
Just started reviving my Red Sea max 250. Lots of stuff to replace but so much fun getting back into the hobby.
Going to post in DIY, but first problem is that my timer is dead.
Does anyone have any tips or instructions on how to replace?
Thanks for any and all help.
Cheers,
Mark

Hi all,
Excited to joint he community.
Just started reviving my Red Sea max 250. Lots of stuff to replace but so much fun getting back into the hobby.
Going to post in DIY, but first problem is that my timer is dead.
Does anyone have any tips or instructions on how to replace?
Thanks for any and all help.
Cheers,
Mark

I’m for sure the members some of them they probably have laying around the house or in the basement somewhere and you can probably buy a used Timer

Welcome back to the hobby! Depending on how long you've been out, this hobby has changed quite a bit!

I am also running an old RSM 250, and I love it. Trying to find original parts can be tricky and expensive, but if you keep searching ebay and marketplace, sometimes you can get lucky. Best of luck with your tank, and let me know if you have any questions I might be able to answer.

1670417193103.gif

Thanks everyone. Got a replacement timer online. For everything else, I've had to hit the hardware store to jerry rig some of the smaller parts, plugs etc⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I had replaced my lights with Steve's LEDs and am about 95% there. I actually think I set it up better than before, maybe I'm wiser but probably just more patient with age.
I want to use the timer for the moonlights. I got them to work, but I haven't figured out how to get power power running through it.
Anyone have a diagram or pic on what cables to plug in, and what ports on the timer, to get it to start moving?
@GobyWanKenobie maybe you can help me out here?

Got the timer to work now too!!! YAY!!!
Only thing missing now is one of the blue light strips that isn't working.
Unfortunately think it is a driver but happy to be up and running.

Thanks everyone. Got a replacement timer online. For everything else, I've had to hit the hardware store to jerry rig some of the smaller parts, plugs etc⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I had replaced my lights with Steve's LEDs and am about 95% there. I actually think I set it up better than before, maybe I'm wiser but probably just more patient with age.
I want to use the timer for the moonlights. I got them to work, but I haven't figured out how to get power power running through it.
Anyone have a diagram or pic on what cables to plug in, and what ports on the timer, to get it to start moving?
@GobyWanKenobie maybe you can help me out here?
I bought my tank used, and the timer has never worked. Originally, I used a regular timer. Now, I have Reefbreeders in the lid so I program with that.

Back